A Korean company in the field of security access gate would like to find a supplier that could provide a brake or decelerator with better specifications. The brake should generate less noise when a door linked to the shaft moves, and the decelerator installed in the shaft should hold the shaft firmly and create less clearance (space). As both components have to be adjusted for the module, a commercial agreement with technical assistance is preferable.
Established in January 2008, a Korean tech-oriented company has developed modules for security access gates, and their gates have been installed at metro stations in major cities and buildings in need of security access control. By using a flap module, swing module and sliding module, different types of module-based gates have been invented, and the company got 4 patents for its flap module-based gates. The gates secure durability that withstands 5 million times of use according to the reliability test by Korea Electronics Technology Institute.
However, to compete in the market, compared to other security access gates from European companies, the company’s swing module-based gate needs more durability from backlash (the phenomenon which the flap doors are more pushed back than the normal position) and clearance (empty space in the parts in the shaft) between mating components. Thus, the company would like to find a supplier that could provide a brake or decelerator with better specifications compared to the current ones for their module-based gates to avoid backlash.
- Brake: The company used a magnetic powder brake to fix the door linked to the shaft to endure external factors such as pushing, which ended up ingenerating heat and following abrasion. Alternatively, it had been changed to a micro brake, but it makes noise. Thus, the company would like to solve the problem and look for a solenoid (coil-wound) brake with less noise compared to the current one. Please check the attached (brake specifications) for the current brake’s specifications.
- Decelerator: To keep the door fixed where it needs to be, the company is using a model from a Korean geared motor company. However, decelerator used has been making clearance according to the several internal tests and has a high possibility to cause backlash. Thus, the company would like to find an alternative decelerator with less clearance and to avoid backlash at the end. Please check the attached decelerator (brake specifications) for the current brake’s specifications.
As both brakes and decelerators have to be adjusted for the module, commercial agreement with technical assistance is preferable.
- Type of partner sought: - Brake: a solenoid (coil-wound) brake with less noise compared to the current one (please see the attached brake specification)
- Decelerator: a decelerator with less clearance and to avoid backlash at the end (please see the attached decelerator specification)
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type of partner sought : Any types of partners who can provide with appropriate components.
- Specific area of activity of the partner : Machine components
- Task to be performed : Offering solutions with the components
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018