A UK automation and control systems company requests engineering design subcontractors in Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic or Slovenia.
Partners will have a strong mechanical engineering background and will be required to translate conceptual designs into detailed designs in technical areas such as automation, assembly & testing of goods, mechanical handling and palletising, machinery design, robotics, ‘pick and place’, tooling and industrial process scale-up and improvement.
This UK company is a leading industrial control systems specialist and operates globally.
Currently, it employs 65 people within the UK and 30 people within various overseas markets.
The company is expert in the manufacture and application of variable speed drive systems, programmable logic control systems (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system design.
The company is an approved and authorised partner to leading electrical manufacturers including Siemens, ABB, Rockwell, Schneider, Omron, GE and Mitsubishi.
Systems are sold into a wide range of manufacturing applications related to the production of industrial products, consumer goods and automotive components, such as:
• Automatic palletising and material handling
• Automotive component assembly
• Medical equipment manufacture & test
• Industrialisation / scale-up of prototype manufacturing processes
• Consumer goods assembly
• Industrial process improvement
The company has new projects for which it needs additional engineering design capacity and so is requesting enquiries from prospective engineering design subcontractors who have experience in the manufacturing application areas listed above.
The desired long-term design partners should ideally be based in Europe; specifically Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic or Slovenia. Prospective partners based in other countries are welcome to make an enquiry and will be considered on merit.
The UK company will manage project scoping, conceptual design, manufacturing and sales, with the projects’ detailed mechanical engineering design being subcontracted to the design partner.
So, the design partner will specifically be responsible for translating the conceptual design into a detailed design ready for manufacture.
To be clear, partners are required for the engineering design element only. No subcontracting of manufacturing is envisaged.
- Type of partner sought: Partners should be engineering designers with a strong mechanical engineering background in mechanical processes such as: Automation, mechanical handling, machinery design, robotics, ‘pick and place’ and tooling.
Knowledge and experience of controls system would be an advantage.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Professional organisation, well structured, organised with robust formal processes for the successful delivery of automation solutions.
The company must be able to demonstrate a track record in:
Delivering bespoke engineering design solutions
Detailed engineering design
English speaking to a technical/engineering level of fluency, with engineering design capacity for a number of new projects.