The German company supplies breathalyzers to the health care, safety and security sector. Development and service are done in Germany. The mouthpieces, an accessory part of the breathalyzer, are produced by plastic injection moulding in China. The company is now searching for a new manufacturing cooperation partner for production and assembling of the mouthpieces, located with preference in Eastern Europe.
The family-owned company, based in North Germany, developed in 1989 their first breathalyzers and has now established their technology successful into the market. Over the years they developed further types of handheld breathalyzer. Today they supply their breathalyzers to the health sector (as hospitals, pharmacy and addiction services), to the safety and security sector ( for work safety in industry, judiciary and police) but also to shipping companies.
Development and service of the breathalyzers are done in Germany. But the production of the plastic mouthpieces, which are an accessory part for different breathalyzers, is done by manufacturing partners, currently in China. The company now is looking for a new manufacturing partner to produce the mouthpieces by plastic injection moulding technique. The new partner should offer production, assembling and packaging of the mouthpieces in one hand. To make logistic and communication easier the new partner should be ideally seated in Europe, with preference to Eastern Europe. The company envisage a manufacturing agreement with the new cooperation partner.
- Type of partner sought: The manufacturing partner should offer plastic injection moulding, assembling and packaging of the mouthpieces. The estimate annual requirement is 1.200.000 mouthpieces in 4 different forms.
- Polyethylene (PE) quality has to be in accordance of the PE HD 5502AA of Shanghai Secco Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- The edges of the device should be burr-free.
- The mouthpiece is not a medical product, however, should meet the conditions of medical plastic devices and hygienic conditions are essential.
- The mouthpiece consists of 3 parts: the body, the membrane and the lid fixing the membrane. The membrane safely prevents the backflow of the breath of the previous user of the device. On the other hand the membrane should cause little resistance by blowing. The conical shape of the lid has to ensure a correct seating of the lid.
- After assembling each mouthpiece is hygienically packaged in a small transparent plastic bag. The plastic bag has a small seam to open it easily. The mouthpiece inside the bag can be turned easily. For hygienic reasons the bag can be ripped and the mouthpiece can be insert without touching the entry.
- 25 pieces each is packaged in a larger pressure lock bag. Each bag has a slip of paper (8.0 cm x 5.0 cm) which defines the content.
- 1000 mouthpieces = 40 bags = 1 box
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of partner sought:
- manufacturer of plastic devices by plastic injection moulding technique
- production should meet the conditions of medical plastic devices
- seated in Eastern Europe
- experienced in international cooperation
Role of the partner sought:
- Manufacturing cooperation partner
- partner should offer plastic injection moulding, assembling and packaging of the mouthpieces
- estimate annual requirement is 1.200.000 mouthpieces in 4 different forms
Already on the market
24/04/2018 - Selling Online Internationally - Inverary