UK company finalising the prototype of their device allowing farmers to track and monitor their livestock is looking for a manufacturing partners to review the design, test and manufacture the electronic asset tracking device. It is envisaged that the partnership will take the form of a manufacturing agreement or a technical cooperation.
The UK start-up has invented a device that uses the latest technology to allow farmers to track and monitor their livestock across wide-ranging farming conditions.
Early stage orders are likely to be in increments of 1 000 up to 10 000 units over a 12 month period, and is the likely to increase to volumes of 100 000 per year over 3 years.
The company is looking for a provider to conduct a design review and testing of an electronic asset tracking device, to make recommendations about the improvement and optimisation of the device and to manage the application for Radio Equipment Directive (RED) and CE certification.
They are also seeking the partner to manufacture the electronic asset tracking device, to include the sourcing of the components, manufacturing of the electronic board, manufacturing of a plastic based case (injection moulded) and final assembly of the completed product.
The UK company is looking for a long term manufacturing agreement and / or technical cooperation.
- Type of partner sought: The following outcomes are required:
- Design review: Conduct a design review of the component selection, schematics and layout of the electronic device against a set of design requirements and criteria (to be confirmed)
- Conduct a range of tests to determine the performance of the device, especially the following functions:
- Test GPS performance
- Test long range performance
- Test battery performance
- Test photo voltaic performance
- Test the power consumption/performance of key components and in different product states
- Review power envelope and power budget calculations and validate the existing power calculations model
- Model different scenarios to determine power management and power performance of the the device
- Conduct a range of firmware test to determine the performance and stability of the firmware
- Determine the quality and suitability of the design and make determined recommendation (if any). This should include functional / performance improvement as well as optimisation of the physical size of the device (target 20% reduction in size with no compromise on performance/quality)
- Prepare and submit a request for RED and CE approval
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Electronic engineering company who can conduct a design review and testing of an electronic asset tracking device in conjunction with the UK company as well as manufacture an electronic asset tracking device developed by the UK company. The UK company is looking for a long term manufacturing agreement and / or technical cooperation.
Prototype available for demonstration
Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted
25 days ago - Who saves Christmas every year? We do!