A UK SME with an established range of skin barrier creams seeks collaborations to enhance their technical characteristics to reduce flash burns resulting from direct or indirect exposure to explosive gases, light or thermal radiation. They seek partnerships through either a commercial agreement with any required technical support for product integration, licence agreement to transfer use rights for existing proven technology or a technical cooperation agreement to support commercialisation.
A long established UK company with extensive experience in developing innovative life protective products seeks partner(s) to develop the technical specification of their range of skin barrier creams. The technology sought will provide additional functionality of the cream to prevent 'flash burns' resulting from direct or indirect exposure to explosive gases, light (UV) or thermal radiation.
The companies existing formulations provide ultra violet (UV) and near infra-red (NIR) protection. It is anticipated that the collaboration will see the development of a new product formulation through inclusion of active additive(s) to provide a minimum of base level of protection.
Depending on the scope of the product development required it is anticipated that expertise will be required to support:
- Formulation development, including implications for carrier ingredients (excipients) to deliver the new active ingredient(s)
- Product development, including product preparation, manufacture and packaging.
- Product testing/evaluation/characterisation of skin protection products - efficacy and performance e.g. wash-off resistance.
Partnerships with company's or organisations relating to the commercialisation requirements will be in the form of either:
- Commercial agreement with technical assistance to purchase active ingredients, support formulation and testing
- Licence agreement to transfer use rights for existing proven technology
- Technical cooperation agreement where knowledge sharing for product development is required to commercialise the cream.
- Type of partner sought: To support the product development expertise is sought within the following fields:
- Formulation chemistry to resolve any implications for carrier or existing ingredients to deliver the new active ingredient(s)
- Product development - preparation, characterisation and evaluation of skin protection products
- Testing/evaluation of skin barrier cream formulations - efficacy and performance e.g. wash-off resistance, ease of application, non irritant etc.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Partners are sought from a range of broad stakeholders including:
- Pharmaceutical companies with expertise in active ingredient and formulation development
- Research organisations or universities within related dermatology and healthcare fields
- Labs or testing organisations with military supply chain experience
- Occupational Health and Safety organisations with interests in supporting flash burn mitigation products.
Already on the market
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018