Singapore industry leading companies are interested in findind provider partners with relevant technologies to co-innovate in solutions for key sustainability areas such as waste reduction, green transport, green packaging, renewable energy and resource efficiency. The MNEs are interested in research cooperation agreements, technical cooperation agreements or commercial agreements with technical assistance with startups, SMEs or research institutes.
Deadline of the call: 19 Feb 2021
As part of a open innovation challenge themed around sustainability, leading MNEs based in Singapore are seeking partnerships to co-innovate and co-develop solutions in areas such as waste reduction, green transport, green packaging, renewable energy and resource efficiency.
Successful applicants whose proposals are selected will gain access to domain knowledge and opportunities to test-bed and co-innovate with industry leaders to develop new products and services for these sectors.
The MNEs are seeking the following types of partnerships:
i) Research cooperation - Both parties will work together to co-develop the solution.
ii) Technical cooperation - The MNE will work with the successful applicant to cooperate on the technical aspects in adopting the technology to address its challenge.
iii) Commercial partnerships with technical assistance - The MNE will establish a commercial agreement with the successful applicant with technical support rendered by the applicant.
There are two challenge tracks under this challenge - Enterprise Track and Industry Track.
The Enterprise Track calls for startups, SMEs, Institutes of Higher Learning and Research Institutes to co-develop and testbed innovative solutions with challenge statement owners across different industries, such as fast-moving consumer goods, home appliances, and tourism.
Promising and committed innovators will not only have the opportunity to work closely with the challenge statement owners, but also potentially acquire them as their reference customer. Companies that meet the eligibility criteria for grant application may also be provided with funding support to develop the solutions.
The Industry Track gives startups, SMEs, Institutes of Higher Learning and Research Institutes the opportunity to tackle sectoral challenges for adoption at scale across the industry.
- Type of partner sought: Expertise, solutions and technological innovations are sought in the following areas:
From the Enterprise Track:
1) Sustainable infrastructure solution for business operation in less developed areas
2) Combine water and reusable cup dispensing with cup return function
3) Enhance solar power generation systems for implementation in farmlands
4) Enhancement of chemical recycling to obtain high quality pyrolysis oil
5) Removal of labels on plastic packaging
6) Smart mobility solution to deliver sustainable transportation access
7) Reduce gale and ambient heat generated by solar panels and improve their efficiency
8) Substitute Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) in home appliance packaging with a sustainable cushioning material
9) Converting flexible foil of bag-in-box packaging into valuable resources
10) Achieving circular economy for milk powder packaging through re-use or re-purpose approach
11) Achieving circular economy for milk powder packaging through recycling approach
12) Making synbiotic product(s) with carrot pomace
13) Aiming for zero fruit loss
14) Move towards zero fossil-based plastic packaging
From the Industry Track:
1) Helping F&B operators improve food waste segregation and transfer to an on-site treatment facility
2) Recycle food waste cost effectively within existing facilities to support circularity concept
3) Reduce food waste disposal in food malls
The submission deadline is 19 Feb 2020 (GMT +8). Submissions are to be done through the challenge portal where the weblink will be shared upon the submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Specific area of activity of the partner: This Technology Request is an open call for submissions to a sustainability open innovation challenge.
SMEs, Startups and research institutes are sought in the following either in a research cooperation, technical cooperation or commercial partnerships with technical assistance.
Prototype available for demonstration
Secret Know-how,Design Rights,Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted,Patents granted,Granted patent or patent application essential,Trade Marks,Exclusive Rights,Copyright,Other