A Polish association, acting on behalf of its member, looks for an oxygen-barrier monomaterial film intended for the MAP (modified atmosphere) packaging of thin dry smoked pork sausages. The film must be safe for food contact, form a hermetic packaging (100% airtight), keep products fresh for no less than 120 days and fit vertical and horizontal flow pack machines. The commercial agreement with technical assistance or the technical cooperation agreement are requested.
An association from the north-western part of Poland active in the packaging industry, specialised in food packaging, works on new packs for processed meat (thin dry smoked pork sausages). It requires monomaterial films with oxygen barrier properties suitable for MAP (modified atmosphere packaging) to finish the product. The film should be impermeable (100% airtight) and safe for food contact. Other requirements are stipulated in the ‘Technical Specification or Expertise Sought’ field.
The association, acting on behalf of its member, requests the technology under the commercial agreement with technical assistance. The end goal is to start the production of new, better-quality sausage packaging. A partner is expected to sell the requested solution and to assist the client in implementing it. Existing, verified (operational) technologies are preferred.
They are also ready to work with solutions, which aren’t finished, but in such a case a partner must provide a technology, which is at the final (testing) stage of the development. For this, cooperation under the technical cooperation agreement is envisaged.
- Type of partner sought: The association looks for a reliable, experienced and financially stable partner able to provide oxygen-barrier monomaterial film for food (sausage) packaging with the following parameters:
- must be impermeable (especially for the oxygen) and allow to hermetically package (100% airtight, at most 1 in 1 000 units can be faulty/leaky) the product together with the modified atmosphere (MAP).
- safe for food contact,
- keeps products fresh for at least 120 days;
- width: between 170 and 320mm
- thickness: between 42 and 45 µm
- suitable for imprints
- compatible with vertical and horizontal flow pack machines with an output of 60-90 packagings/minute.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type: SMEs and large companies, universities and R&D centres specialised in food packaging technologies.
Role of partner sought (commercial agreement): Partner has to develop and sell the technology of oxygen-barrier monomaterial film (100% airtight), and help to implement it in sausage MAP packaging.
Role of partner sought (technical cooperation agreement): Partner must provide a prototype of an oxygen-barrier monomaterial film (100% airtight) for testing, so the development of the technology can be finalised.
Available for demonstration - Operational technologies, which have been implemented or are ready for it, are preferred. The association is also ready to help develop new technology by testing it and verifying its commercial feasibility.