A large Dutch company specialised in real estate suffers from spiders and their webs in their buildings. The company is now looking for a sustainable and animal-friendly solution (technologies, methods or ideas), so that spiders look for another place to make a web. Companies, academics or inventors are sought to provide their own solutions or enhance existing technology via a technical cooperation agreement or a license agreement.
This TR is part of an innovation challenge.
A Dutch company has more than 25 years of experience in real estate and is a major player in Flevoland. For example, the company has more than 180,000 m˛ of office and business space in various cities. The company has a clear vision: finding the right space for their tenants and offering the facilities to unburden them. The company is strong in facilitating and creating a pleasant working environment. The company is always looking for innovative and sustainable solutions and ideas.
Presently, spiders and their webs have become a major problem and burden in their daily maintenance of the buildings. It makes their real estate less attractive to enter. But extermination with insecticide is not allowed by law, and other pesticides have far too little effect. Moreover, both approaches are far from the company’s sustainability policy. It should be mentioned that the manual removal of spiders takes too much time and seems almost impossible.
It is for this reason that the company is now looking for a sustainable and animal-friendly solution (technologies, methods or ideas), so that spiders look for another place to make a web. Especially around the entrances it’s important of these to be spider-free.
The solution can be a physical product, but the company is also open for completely different and out-of-the-box ideas as well. Furthermore, there is also the possibility to develop the idea further together with the company.
The basic question is: “how can the company remove and/or prevent the spiders and their web in their buildings?”
The company is looking for technical partners experienced in the field of sustainability and ecology but also creative thinking and product development.
The company aims for a technical cooperation agreement or a license agreement. When serving the purpose also other agreements can be envisioned.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This technology request is part of an innovation challenge and is published on an open innovation platform from the 8th of November. Closing date will be the 13th of December.
If an organization does express interest in collaboration with this company, it will be guided through this open innovation platform and be introduced to the company’s experts. Mind that posts on this platform are not confidential. Next step is that the company will select the SMEs with whom they would like to cooperate in the development of the solution.
- Type of partner sought: The requested solution can be a straight forward technique or method or can be a more creative and out of the box approach, such as mix of technologies and ideas.
In the first instance, expertise is sought in the field of:
• Sustainability /ecology
• Creative thinking
• Product development
But also other expertise can be considered when fits the purpose.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The organization is looking for technical partners, SMEs, inventors and academia for the prevention and/or removing of spiders in buildings and when needed further (co-)development of the solution.
• a sustainable and animal-friendly solution, so that spiders look for another place to make a web. Especially around entrances it’s important of these to be spin-free.
• This can be a physical product, but the company is open for completely different solutions as well.
• There is also the possibility to develop the idea further together with the company.
The company is offering:
• Collaboration with a committed real estate company, which attaches great importance to sustainability.
• Possibility to apply concepts directly into the real estate market.
• Interesting real estate network
• Possibilities for experiments and pilot studies.
Available for demonstration
Other - Since, this technology request is an innovation challenge and is published on an open innovation platform all types of IPR Status can be considered.