A Dutch SME is an innovative developer of ICT products for the education, culture and healthcare sector. They want to develop robust covers for tablets that will be used by people with physical and/or mental disabilities. For this reason the Dutch SME looks for developers and manufactures who have ideas and concepts that can be used. The potential partner is able to develop a prototype and is also able to produce the cover in large numbers. A technical cooperation agreement will be provided.
The Dutch SME has been active for more than 25 years in the ICT industry and have more than thirty employees, active in the healthcare, education, and cultural heritage. The Dutch SME is a leader in the field of multitouch technology and serious gaming and want to develop with partners jointly applications and products for a better life, more happiness, well-being and learning. For example, the Dutch SME created solutions to tackle low literacy and developed applications for the elderly, people with dementia and with intellectual disabilities.
Due to increasing demand for products for people with disabilities, the Dutch SME wants to develop a cover for tablets that can be used by people with physical and/or mental disabilities. The products, which are currently on the market, like regular tablets, are easily damaged since the covers are less resistant to throwing, falling or even biting and beating. Currently, the Dutch SME has a tablet cover concept, which was developed in a graduation research, but it has not (yet) been worked out into a commercial product.
For that reason the Dutch SME is looking for developers and manufactures of tablet covers. The foreseen partner must have experience in the healthcare sector and assist the company with the creation of real life and suitable tablet cover.
The following ideas and requirements should be considered:
- The tablet cover should hide the control buttons of the tablet, so that the client can use the tablet without accidentally clicking something away / or turning off the tablet.
- A related psychological aspect is to avoid any stress or tension among the target group when using a tablet.
- Tablets must be robust for the target group and should be shock-proof, splash-proof and resistant to food residues or drinks.
- There are various sizes of tablets, so there is a preference for a universal version, but also a desire for individualization (comparable to smartphones).
- Safety and ease of use is important.
The Dutch SME is looking for innovative ideas or innovative tablet covers in development, that can help them in optimizing their concept and runs efficiently over in a production version the potential partner must be able to offer:
- An assignment to realize a prototype or pilot.
- Possibilities to test the prototype in production surroundings.
- Probability of a follow-up order, scaling up or lasting cooperation.
The Dutch SME wants to conclude a technical cooperation agreement.
IMPORTANT: This Technology Request refers to an innovation challenge published on the internet platform. If an organization expresses interest before closing date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform. Interested participants can browse free through other submissions and engage in discussions. All submissions will get feedback by the company on this open platform. The challenge opens on October 4th and closes on November 8th, 2021. Mind that posts on this platform are not confidential. Beside open discussions on the platform, sharing of confidential information will be made possible on demand. After that, the firm will select the SMEs with whom they would like to cooperate in the development of a solution. Once the challenge is closed, Expressions of Interest for this technology request will be treated in the traditional way.
- Type of partner sought: The potential partner has expertise in developing tablet covers and should be able to produce large quantities.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of partner sought: Development and production companies for tablet covers with and research and innovation department. The Dutch company requires partners who have experience in working in the healthcare sector.
Suitable SME and organizations are invited to share their ideas and to propose their expertise. After being selected, the new partner will be proposed to participate for the online encounter on November 19th. A technical cooperation agreement will be provided to the new partners.