Lithuanian governmental organization, who is working in the field of gambling law enforcement, is looking for a innovative technological solution for the control of illegal gambling operators. The assessment of illegal undertakings shall be based on the information that is available online and that the organization collects. Possible cooperation types might be license or technical cooperation agreement.
Lithuanian governmental organization is working in the gambling law enforcement. In Lithuania, online gambling has been allowed since 2016. The Organization monitors and controls these gambling operators, take measures against the illegal operators.
There are tens of thousands of online gambling sites worldwide, some of them can be used for money laundering, match-fixing, many of them are also available in Lithuania, some of them are even adapted to the Lithuanian market and are in Lithuanian language.
Monitoring and blocking of illegal online gambling platforms are carried out by professionals physically searching for such sites online, without the use of any automated means. When an employee of the Organization notice an illegally operating website, the measures are taken to ban the illegal operator. However, due to the manual monitoring and collection of evidence on these websites, this process is not as efficient as it could be with automation.
The Organization is looking for start-ups or SME's who could propose a solution for the control of illegal gambling operators.
Possible types of partnerships between selected start-ups or growth companies may be, for example, license agreement (buy a license) or technical cooperation agreement (need a technology to be developed). If the prototype created meets the needs of the Organization and is reasonably priced, the Organization will initiate the open procurement procedures for a solution. They would like the developed solution to be continuously improved, ensuring the proper functioning of the solution.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This technology request is part of an innovation challenge and is published on an open innovation platform. The innovation challenge is focused on encouraging the creation and use of innovative solutions for the government. The application deadline is April 3rd. If a company/startup/innovator expresses interest in cooperation with this Lithuanian organization before closing date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform where it can submit a proposal.
- Type of partner sought: The solution could have the following functionalities:
- Automatic scanning of websites for potentially illegal websites where gambling can take place.
- Compilation of these sites in a database.
- Automatic or with the help of the Organization's employee user registration to the potentially illegal gambling site and collection of necessary evidence.
- Evidence required: details of the entity organizing the games, methods of depositing – withdrawing money, screenshots with the types of games organized and other material intended to prove that illegal online gambling is organized.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Lithuanian governmental organization is looking for start-ups and SMEs with ideas that fit the conditions of the desired solution outlined through this challenge.
The partner is expected to offer a possible solution to the organization.
The cooperation model may vary and might be, for example, a license agreement or a technical cooperation agreement. However, the exact form of cooperation shall be defined between the partners.