Lithuanian governmental organization, who is working in the field of labor law enforcement, is looking for a innovative solution that would help reduce the cases of illegal work in Lithuania. The assessment of illegal undertakings shall be based on the information that the organization collects and that is available online. Possible cooperation types might be license or technical cooperation agreement.
Lithuanian governmental organization is working in the field of labor law enforcement. Illegal work is one of the most serious violations of labor law. During 2020, the Organization performed 4,161 inspections of illegal work and other unregistered employment activities. The inspectorate identified 1,794 persons who had worked illegally.
When gathering evidence of an entityís irregularities, inspectors often do not have all the information or the information is inaccurate. They do not have the possibility to link individuals, and there is a lack of information about complaints filed against a particular entity.
Currently, the Organization is using a risk assessment system, which analyzes the data available in the Organization's information system, as well as information received from other institutions. Nevertheless, a lot of information can also be found online, such as complaints, negative feedback or other information related to labor law violations. The analysis of such information would help to identify risky entities, therefore the Organizationís goal is to expand the analysis of risky entities using publicly available data.
The Organization is looking for start-ups or SME's who could propose a solution that would help reduce the cases of illegal work in Lithuania.
Possible types of partnerships between selected start-ups or growth companies may be, for example, license agreement (buy a license) or technical cooperation agreement (need a technology to be developed). If the prototype created meets the needs of the Organization and is reasonably priced, the Organization will initiate the open procurement procedures for a solution. They would like the developed solution to be continuously improved, ensuring the proper functioning of the solution.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This technology request is part of an innovation challenge and is published on an open innovation platform. The innovation challenge is focused on encouraging the creation and use of innovative solutions for the government. The application deadline is April 3rd. If a company/startup/innovator expresses interest in cooperation with this Lithuanian organization before closing date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform where it can submit a proposal.
- Type of partner sought: The solution should:
- Identify publicly available data that is online according to the features of the entity (entity number, entity name, person name and surname, telephone number, etc.).
- Systematize the identified information according to the established criteria (address of the economic entity, telephone numbers, identified complaints, feedback, comments, etc.).
- Be able to identify risky entities using online sources according to the established criteria (e.g. sector of economic activity)
- Identify the links between the entities and display them by keywords (common telephone numbers, general managers of the entity, employees, etc.)
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Lithuanian governmental organization is looking for start-ups and SMEs with ideas that fit the conditions of the desired solution outlined through this challenge.
The partner is expected to offer a possible solution to the organization.
The cooperation model may vary and might be, for example, license agreement or technical cooperation agreement. However, the exact form of cooperation shall be defined between the partners.