A South Korean cosmetics conglomerate operating a wide range of beauty brands is looking for technology cooperation with a company, research institution or university to develop non-invasive patches for skin allergy detection under a technical cooperation agreement. The outcome is expected to secure small size (5mm*5mm) and high durability as well as functions like detecting the signs of skin irritation and conveying the data.
A South Korean cosmetics firm which was established in 1945, is currently one of the world’s 15 largest cosmetics conglomerates, running more than 30 health/beauty/personal care brands. Now the company is looking forward to a speedy development of skin patches helping to detect the presence of allergens and allergic reaction. The company needs a technology profound enough to be used for customized cosmetics service.
The required technologies are as follows:
- Technologies for locating 5 and more substances on a patch smaller than 5 X 5 mm
- Technologies for mild and durable waterproof skin patches (can be worn for more than 2 days)
- Technologies for detection of skin irritation (burning, reddening)
- Technologies for obtaining and conveying information related to the skin condition
Regarding the state of art in the related field, there are 2 main technologies used by dermatologists/allergologists: (1) skin patches containing allergens that are applied on the back or forearms (from 30 minutes to 2 days) to conduct visual estimation of skin rash, and (2) quantitative analysis of immunologic factors performed after gathering a small amount (50 ul) of blood. However, there are some issues with those examination types. The former requires long waiting time and the latter has invasive nature. These pose barriers to the application in the beauty industry.
The company is looking for technologies enabling allergic examination that can be applied to the cosmetics field, i.e. a technology allowing fast (up to 30 minutes) detection and measure of immune reaction using skin patches only without blood extraction.
The required technology should be able to provide the combination of multiple allergens on a small patch that can be applied on the forearm (less than 20cm) without causing severe allergic reactions.
In addition, the patch should have a function of detecting the signs of allergic reaction and revealing this through a visual examination or biological analysis. The technology is required to provide non-invasive skin sampling (containing stratum corneum or cell genes).
Thus, the company is looking for a technology cooperation partner (company, university or R&D institution) that has the above-mentioned technologies.
- Type of partner sought: Allergen-containing skin patch: technologies to secure durability and efficiency of the patch and its functions (detecting allergic reaction and conveying this data) for application in customized cosmetics service. Non-invasiveness, small size (up to 20 cm), multiple allergen comprisal and short waiting time (up to 20 cm) are required characteristics.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type of partner sought: research institution/university/company
- Specific area of activity of the partner: dermatology, allergology and skin test related research
- Task to be performed: provide one or more above-mentioned technologies to ensure the functions of the final product
Project in negotiations - urgent
25 days ago - Analysis for Innovators Round 5 including Glasgow event
52 days ago - Greywater recycling reduces drinking water usage
04/09/2019 - WECPmatch 2019