A Korean manufacturer of optical lens is looking for German and Switzerland company that can provide designing and manufacturing technology of needle sheath for disposable diagnostic endoscopy.
The company has made prototype for sheath module and would like to develop the product further by cooperating with overseas partners. Commercial agreement with technical assistance, manufacturing agreement and research cooperation agreement are considered.
A Korean company established in 2002 specializes in developing and manufacturing optical element and lens. During the early years of its establishment, the company’s main products were camcorders, digital cameras and DVD pickup lens and mobile lens assembly.
The company’s business started to expand further as they developed high resolution optical lens and entered smartphone optical parts (camera module for cellphone) business. However, as the mobile camera lens module market becomes more and more competitive, the company has started developing disposable diagnostic endoscope for arthroscopy (thin scope which is introduced into a joint for treatment). The company is currently looking for an overseas partner who’s capable of designing and manufacturing module of needle sheath used for the endoscope.
The desired specification is as below:
- 150mm in length and 4mm or below (inner diameter 1.6mm) in diameter
- Strong durability that’s not easily corroded or warped by saline solution constantly injected for medical use
- Specific wet strength and material of the sheath should be furtherly discussed as it changes depending on type of lens used
Also, a disposable arthroscope has below advantages:
1. Disposable arthroscope eliminates risk of infection caused by the reuse
2. It decreases patient’s resistance as the diagnosis proceeds in the office instead of operating room.
3. It is offered at a reasonable price of USD 120-280 dollars
4. FOV (field of view) is high as 120 degrees – wider view compared to the existing brand’s FOV 30-70 degrees.
5. Accuracy is improved with a close-view operation – average length of an existing scope is about 200-300mm while this Korean company’s product offers scope of 150-200mm.
6. Installation (system connection) is easy and simple – possible to promptly examine the endoscope by simply insert USB in laptop.
7. Unlike surgery (operation), there is no need for any incision in diagnostic process.
Companies, universities and research institutes from Germany or Switzerland are considered for cooperation; also, any other type of organization capable of meeting the above company’s expectation is also considerable for commercial agreement with technical assistance, manufacturing agreement and research cooperation agreement.
- Type of partner sought: Needle sheath module for ultra-small disposable endoscope
*Desired technical specification :
- 150mm in length and 2.5mm or below (inner diameter 1.6mm / T 0.30) in diameter.
- Strong durability that’s not easily corroded or warped by saline solution constantly injected for medical use (ex: stainless or SUS)
- Specific wet strength and material of the sheath should be furtherly discussed as it changes depending on type of lens used.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type of partner sought: company, institute, university lab
- Specific area of activity of the partner: optical instruments and medical, healthcare products
- Task to be performed: design & manufacture of optical lens module for endoscope
Available for demonstration
Design Rights,Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted,Trade Marks - - Design Rights: 2 Korean rights are registered - Patents: 6 Korean patents and 2 PCT applied(for Germany and US) but not yet granted. - Trade mark rights: 3 Korean and 2 German rights are registered