An Italian biotechnology company produces extremely versatile nanoprobes and silica nanoparticles for different applications. The company is seeking technical or research cooperation agreement, with Academia, research centres and companies active in the field, to achieve new research breakthroughs, explore different applications for the technology and develop new products for In Vitro and In Vivo markets.
In the biotechnological field, silica offers many advantages among nanoparticles: silica is transparent to ultraviolet and visible light, extremely versatile, biocompatible; one of its main advantages is the non toxicity, especially if compared with other nanomaterials currently available on the market.
A small Italian company, active in the field of microtechnology and nanotechnology for biological sciences and founded in 2001, developed and currently produces nanoprobes and silica nanoparticles. The company also optimises a vast range of conventional reagents for diagnostics and research applications. Supported by the world leader in manufacturing optical bar code readers, the company has reached a high scientific expertise, combining together chemistry and biotechnology. The team has developed and optimised an array of highly-performing new products (diagnostic/research probes), significantly leading edge compared to the state of the art.
The company also carries out worldwide marketing of their products – under both their own brand and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) licences – either directly or through qualified distribution firms in the diagnostics and research sectors.
The company also has the competencies to develop customised products for various applications of In Vitro and In Vivo Diagnosis, pharmaceutical and drug delivery sectors.
In order to provide cutting-edge solutions, in line with the most innovative scientific progress in the field, the Italian company has entered into partnerships with several university centres. The results of this intense research activities have translated into the production of high-quality products, thanks to the use of state-of-the-art machinery and equipment and the constant supervision of the research staff. The experience of these partnerships brought the company to significantly value international research cooperation to make significant advances in their technology.
In this spirit, the company is proactively engaged in seeking new collaborations with other research centres, Academia and companies active in the biotechnology, nanomaterials fields under technical or research cooperation agreement in order to achieve new research breakthroughs and develop new products for In Vitro and In Vivo markets.
- Type of partner sought: The company has a small team which has experienced several research projects and report to have learnt from each one something fundamental to improve their product and technology. They are seeking international cooperation to enlarge their technology awareness thanks to innovative instrumentations and discover new fields of application for their technologies.
Working with external partners would help advance their research and develop products that can improve health needs of people all over the world.
Currently, products the Italian company develops are for fluorescence applications: they choose it because:
- silica nanoparticles doped with fluorescent molecules can overcome typical disadvantages of conventional molecular fluorophores: photodegradation -in particular under prolonged irradiation, pH-dependent emission intensity or annulled by external agents
-the matrix composing the particle protects molecules against the effect of interfering species, preventing any contact with the external environment, thus obtaining a much stronger signal
-hydrophobic molecules of almost any kind can be included inside the silica matrix. On the external shell as well, reactive moieties to bind targeting biomolecules and/or other kind of molecules (chelating agents) can be attached.
Research cooperation would start from these topics, which are also the basic required competencies sought in the ideal partner in order to consider a research agreement. Advanced research and laboratory machinery of the partner are required to test and investigate together possible technology and product applications advancements, collaborations for pre-clinical tests and licensing opportunities.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of partner sought:
research centres, Academia, companies
Specific area pf activity of the partner:
nanotechnology, In Vitro diagnostic, biotechnology sector
Task to be performed by the partner sought:
- In Vitro diagnostic companies: cooperate on reagents by means of the technology offered by the Italian company
- research centres and Academia: joint research to better develop and exploit the technology in different applications, e.g. in drug delivery, In Vivo imaging and others; to better characterize the silica nanoparticles; to exchange information and best practice on other kind of nanoparticles.
Available for demonstration - The company has currently several patents ready to be submitted
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018