Greek consulting firm working with olive and olive oil producers, is looking for advanced solutions for all the stages of olive oil production including cultivating, processing, packaging and trading of olives and olive oil.The Greek firm is looking to review solutions that are effective, easy to use and ready to be implemented in the olives and olive oil industry. The type of partnership sought is commercial agreement with technical assistance.
A Greek consulting firm is located in Messinia, Peloponnese, which is one of the richest areas in olive tree cultivation. Indeed, three olive tree varieties are being cultivated there, namely koroneiki, matsolia and mavrolia. The company is looking for advanced technological solutions, suitably adopted in the particular local needs, to offer to olives and olive oil producing companies that is cooperating with. The consultancy firm is working with several clients who are active in cultivating, processing, packaging and trading of olives and olive oil. The company is looking for multiple solutions to offer to its clients, regarding:
- Monitoring the quality, health and cultivation stages of olive trees (pest management)
- Easy and precise measuring of the content of phenolic acid in the olive oil
- Easy and precise measuring of the quality characteristics of the olive oil such as acidity, colour, etc.
- Simplifying the extraction process with alternative processing methods
- Valorising the by-products of the olive and olive oil production (such as the olive pit)
- Any other offer of technological solution for the olive and olive oil industry (for example management of the process, IT tools etc.)
The Greek consultancy firm is looking to review solutions that are effective, easy to use and ready to be implemented in the olives and olive oil industry. The Greek firm is willing to collaborate with the provider of the technology in order to customise the solution to fit the needs of the local clients. The type of partnership sought is commercial agreement with technical assistance.
- Type of partner sought: The Greek consultancy firm is looking for technological solutions in the olives and olive oil sector, covering any of the production, processing and packaging stages of olives and olive oil production. Furthermore, the firm is interested in technological solutions that address the issue of valorization of the waste streams after the production process of the olive oil. The proposed solutions should be already available or close to market. Additionally, the solutions should be able to be customized to fit the needs of the local companies and type of olive tree varieties that are native to the local ecosystem.
The solutions offered should bring some innovative characteristics which will enable the users to have a competitive advantage. Such an example could be the possibility to get certifications for high phenolic acid (if there is a way to measure the content), to make health claims and consequently to get a higher profit margin. The Greek company is particularly interested in solutions that enhance the production and minimizing the cost. Finally, the company is very interested in solutions that would allow the olives and olive oil producing companies to enter niche and specialty markets.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Greek consultancy firm is looking for companies or research organizations, which have developed technological solutions for the monitoring, measuring and extracting processes in the olive oil production process. The proposed solutions should fit the local needs and varieties of olives. The Greek company intends to give the detailed requirements after receiving a proposal, evaluate the proposed solution and in the end, if the solution proves to be according to the needs of the company, to install the solution. The type of partnership considered would be commercial agreement with technical assistance. The partner should be able not only to install the solution but also to provide maintenance and technical support after the installation.
Already on the market - The proposed solution should be near or already on the market.
6 days ago - Bridging for Innovators Funding Programme
17/10/2018 - STFC B4I Chemical Sector Roadshow
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018