The French company develops selective nano gas sensor with components on Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOX) technology.
The company is looking for a partner that can deposit a thin nanolayer containing different chemical compounds by Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) under a manufacturing agreement.
The French company has achieved its development on nano gas sensors, and is now able to propose the smallest selective gas sensor on the market. After 6 years of R&D and 2 years of developing engineering samples, the company is now looking for a manufacturer which can manufacture the sensitive layer based on Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and using metal oxides in industrial quantities. A manufacturing agreement is sought.
Three technologies are present in the gas sensor market:
- Optical sensors which are accurate but big,
- Electrochemical sensors which need to be calibrated very often,
- Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOX) is the newcomer.
The French company develops sensors that belong to the MOX technology family. They are made up of three parts: a support layer in silicon, an electric circuit for sensor signals and heaters, and a nanotechnology (metal oxide) layer which is a sensitive layer specific to a group of gases.
This technology is expected in several markets:
- Smart city: devices and equipment networks measuring outdoor air quality
- Automotive: devices measuring exhaust gas quality and air quality in vehicle interior enabling air purification
- Consumer portable devices: consumer electronic devices integrating gas detection application (smart phone, ...) to inform and/or prevent
- Smart Home: smoke detector, dangerous gas detector, indoor air quality, air purifier, ...
- Industry: staff and industrial equipment safety
- Medtech : device intended to be used for medical
- Type of partner sought: The French SME is looking for a potential partner that has strong expertise in Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and is capable of using metal oxides in industrial quantities (millions of components).
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The French SME is looking for a potential partner that has strong expertise in Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and is capable of using metal oxides in industrial quantities (millions of components).
The company expects to collaborate under a manufacturing agreement.
Available for demonstration - Proof of concept has been completed. An industrial transfer is about to be completed for one sensitive layer.
Secret Know-how,Patents granted,Exclusive Rights - The patent has been filed in 2013 and, since then, has been granted in several countries in the world (Europe, China, US, …) The French company is the exclusive licensee on the patent.