A French SME working in the aircraft domain is looking for rectifiers, with a maximum weight of 4 kg, to be integrated in a new light and environmentally friendly aircraft.
Technical cooperation, license or manufacturing agreement is sought with industry or technical centers.
The French SME working in the aircraft domain needs rectifiers that can be used in a new light and environmentally friendly aircraft. Innovation in the aircraft lies in the materials and the hybridization of energy sources. The power of the rectifier compared to its weight is a challenge. Integrating the rectifier and the alternator in the same box will allow a space-saving and a real optimisation.
Technical cooperation, license or manufacturing agreement is sought with a supplier that can offer products that perhaps don't immediately comply with the requested specifications but with a development road map to achieve compliance within 18 months.
The provider should be able to design, develop and realise trials according to the requirements of the French company and produce the rectifier.
The production rate corresponds to 250 units per year for the aeronautical market.
The product must be certified according to ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) F-2840 within 30 months.
The supplier will be subject to controls or audits operated by the French company and the civil aviation authorities. It is not requested that the company be a production or a design organisation in accordance with the EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Part-21 but it would be a bonus.
- Type of partner sought: The rectifier must have these following characteristics. They must be considered as starting point of the project in order to study and optimise it and not a rigid work base.
- conversion AC to HVDC 500V-1000V (variable according to battery state of charge)
- voltage conversion between alternator and HVDC bus
- voltage and current regulation : either to follow the HVDC bus voltage set by the battery and current set by the BMS or to regulate them upon battery/BMS failure
- weight : 4 kg
- efficiency : 99%
- volume : 3L
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) : 100,000h
- cooling : water or air
- power : 90 kW
- number of pole and phase : defined together with the alternator,
- monitoring and safety devices to protect against overheating, over voltage, over current, etc...
- data output for pilot, mechanics and aircraft systems
- CAN (controller area network) bus Interface,
- Full built-in test with status output on CAN bus,
- control the alternator,
- integrate a starter mode,
- isolated from the airframe,
- the supplier shall indicate compliance with Ingress Protection standards
- provided with CAD (computer-aided design) step files,
- provided with full data sheet and interface description,
- a combined alternator rectifier would be a big bonus,
- dual channel would be a bonus,
- coolant temperature : 90°C,
- rectifier capability to regulate the coolant temperature would be a bonus.
The rectifier must be able to resist to the following environment :
Flying with ambient temperature between - 10°C and + 35°C
Storage temperature between - 20°C and +50°C
Flying with relative humidity between O and 90 %
Flying in rain (Waterproofing of the electric connection).
-altitude : 0 to 20,000 ft/ 0 to 7,000 m
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of partner sought : industry, technical center
Role : to be able to deliver the requested rectifier or present the ability to develop it under 18 months
Secret Know-how,Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted,Patents granted,Granted patent or patent application essential
39 days ago - Funding competition Eureka Eurostars 2: round 11
67 days ago - Who saves Christmas every year? We do!