A Catalan construction & engineering company is launching a challenge to collaborate with disruptive start-ups providing solutions in 2 main areas: digitalization of construction and improvement in facility service management. They are looking for solutions based on artificial intelligence, augmented/virtual reality, big data, building information modelling, cloud computing, computer vision, internet of things or robotics. They are interested in a license or a technical cooperation agreement.
A Catalan (Spanish) construction and engineering company is launching a challenge to identify and collaborate with start-ups that can bring a differential value to the construction and facility service management sectors.
The company has presence in more than 20 countries between Europe and Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Australia and operates in the fields of:
• Infrastructure & Industrial Engineering>
• Services & Technologies>
• Concessions & Renewable Energy
They are looking for new solutions based on emerging technologies such as artificial itnelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), biga data, building information modelling (BIM), cloud computing, computer vision, internet of things (IoT) or robotics to be applied on these activity areas:
• Digitalization of construction : Solutions to plan, design, build and manage buildings and infrastructure more efficiently, improving control over the infrastructure supply chain & supervising all phases of project management and other critical business areas.
• Improvement in facility service mangement : Solutions to ensure optimization of energy resources: improving facilities’ energy efficiency and increasing profitability of facility management services.
This technology request is an innovation challenge and is published on an open innovation platform until 13-01-2019. If an organization does express interest in cooperation with this firm before that date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform to apply directly.
After that, the Catalan firm will select the start-ups with whom they would like to cooperate in the development of a solution.
After that date, the Catalan company will perform a technical feasibility study to validate the the solution proposals received from the start-ups. Based in this technical validation they will select the start-ups with whom they would like to cooperate in development of business agreements.
The collaboration between the Catalan company and the start-up should suceed via a technical cooperation agreement. The Catalan company will pay the start-up to run a pilot project and will work together with the start-up in the scale-up and industrialization of the project.
- Type of partner sought: The solution requested should be a product, or functional prototype, mature enough to be integrated and validated
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Catalan company is looking for start-ups working on emerging technologies (artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, big data, building information modelling, cloud computing, computer vision, internet of things or robotics.
The partner searched should be constituted as a legal entity or in process of becoming one. Start-ups are invited to share their ideas and propose their solutions. They should have a team fully dedicated to the aim of the project. The start-up will run a pilot project financed by the Catalan company and afterwards both partners will work together in the industrialization process. The cooperation desired is a technical cooperation agreement.
02/04/2019 - UK Funding for Innovation
04/06/2019 - Future of Building 2019