A SME from Saxony, Germany is focussing on the development of engineering projects. One product developed is a tent. The tent is suitable for sheltering people in crisis- and distressed areas. The company is looking for partners, which are able to improve the construction within the framework of a technical cooperation agreement. A manufacturing agreement for the production of the tent is envisaged as well.
A German company invented a tent with an easy folding principal and fast construction that is available in various sizes. There is only little installation effort, which underlines the practicability in times of humanitarian demand in crisis- and distressed areas.
These shelters have a small pack size and stability, and do not need a lot of time to be re-edified. Concrete principals of the tents are:
- Simple folding logic with stabilisation elements in the corners
- No loosing elements
- Simple bolt connections
- Small transport volume and low weight (6 cubic meters)
- Different sizes are available (50-200 square meters / 3-6 meters height)
- Fixing with ground-spikes without need of fundament
The company from Germany is looking for partners that are interested in a technical cooperation agreement in order to improve some details for logistical efficiency. Further partners are sought for a manufacturing agreement in order to produce the tent, but at a later stage.
- Type of partner sought: Potential partners should be able to improve and support the product development with ideas for a load/unload system and the configuration of containers for the tent storage. Afterwards it is possible to evaluate the circumstances for the production process.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type: SME
Activity: Engineering, packaging in the logistic sector.
Role: The concrete demand for further development implies knowledge in logistics, packaging, and product design. A load/upload system needs to be modified. Further, the configuration of containers for the tent storage needs to be improved.
Prototype available for demonstration - Now a prototype is constructed.
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018