This is a Chinese company specialised in R&D, manufacturing and marketing of thermal power equipment, environmental protection equipment, power plant auxiliaries, and coal gasification equipment in China. In order to optimise its service technology, it is looking from the European market for advanced technology, equipment and solutions for dismantling wind turbine blades. Potential cooperation could be via a a commercial agreement with technical assistance.
The Chinese company was founded in 1966. It is committed to providing the advanced equipment and the first-class services for energy and environmental protection industries in the world. It is a professional supplier of thermal power equipment, environmental protection equipment, power plant auxiliaries, and coal gasification equipment in China.
Currently, the company has produced the utility boilers with a total output capacity of nearly 349 million kilowatts and over 179,300 tons of power plant auxiliaries had been produced and sold to 28 provinces in China, reaching 30% domestic market share. Furthermore, the Chinese company’s products had been also exported to 30 foreign countries and regions.
Currently, the Chinese company is facing some technology problems for dismantling wind turbine blades. It looks forward to seeking advanced technology, equipment and solutions for dismantling wind turbine blades from European market. Potential cooperation could be via a a commercial agreement with technical assistance method.
- Type of partner sought: The Chinese company is looking for advanced technology, equipment and solutions for dismantling wind turbine blades from the European market.
The current problem what the Chinese company faces:
When the wind turbine blade is decommissioned, it is usually cut and broken manually on the spot. Currently, there is no suitable equipment for dismantling the blades. It takes a long time to dismantle the blades manually and needs to ensure the safety of workers' operations, also the high labor cost should be burdened.
Therefore, the Chinese company looks forward to finding advanced technology, equipment and solutions for dismantling wind turbine blades from the European market. The needed ideal technology should be able to reduce operational costs and reduce the use of manpower, improve work efficiency, and can be used for large-scale promotion.
Brief structure of current used wind turbines:
1. Shell: the two half shells of the blade have complex aerodynamic shapes.
2. Web: also called internal beam, it is mainly used to support the outer shell of the blade and bear the bending load of the blade. The web often adopts an I-beam structure to reduce weight.
3. Spar cap: it is used to connect the web to the blade shell.
4. Rain ring: it is installed at the root of the blade to prevent rainwater from flowing into the generator.
5. Manhole cover: it is used to connect the blade to the main shaft of the generator.
6.Lightning protection system: as the wind turbine is relatively tall and in an open area, lightning strikes are also a major cause of damage to the wind turbines. Therefore, lightning protection is very important for the wind turbines.
7.Materials used for blades: The blades are made of lightweight, high-strength, corrosion-resistant, and fatigue-resistant composite materials, which account for 90% of the whole blades. The outer shell of the blade is made of glass fiber reinforced resin, and the tip and the main beam of the blade are made of higher-strength carbon fiber. The leading edge, trailing edge and shearing parts are often made of sandwich-structure composite materials.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Chinese company seeks advanced technology and solutions for dismantling decommissioned wind turbine blades from the European market. Potential European partners who are familiar with the wind power industry and have related technologies are welcome for a talk. A commercial agreement with technical assistance method will be preferred but other cooperation method also could be in consideration.