The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) is looking for the supply, under manufacturing agreement, of 32 bipolar voltage output Direct Current Current Transducers (DCCTs) with two nominal current ratings ranging of 14 kA to 18 kA and a 12 hour stability of less than 0.5 parts in 106 (ppm), for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) which is the worlds largest and most powerful particle accelerator. CERN is looking for suppliers of 32 pieces, through public tender procedure.
A DCCT is a high-precision transducer based on the zero-flux detection principle.
The current to be measured (primary current) is passed through the centre of a toroidal core (transducer head). The output of a zero flux detector is used in a current control loop to generate a compensation current (secondary current) which is an accurate fraction of the primary current according to the primary-secondary turns ratio.
This compensation current is measured by a precision burden resistor and the resulting voltage amplified to produce the required voltage output.
The pieces will be delivered under a manufacturing agreement with the supplier, after a public tender procedure.
- Type of partner sought: The number of units of each type sought are listed in Table 1.
The main characteristics of the DCCTs, which are the subject of this supply, are detailed in Table 2.
The DCCTs shall be composed of a 19 inch electronic chassis with a maximum height of three rack units (3 U) a transducer head with maximum dimensions detailed in Table 3 and a head-to-chassis cable with a length of maximum 15 meters. CERN will announce the final length in the tender documents.
The required dimensions of the transducers heads are listed in Table 3.
- One type of DCCT chassis shall be employed for both the 14kA and 18kA DCCTs.
- The DCCT output shall be a 0±10 V signal proportional to the primary current passing through the head.
- The DCCTs transducer heads shall be equipped with calibration windings such that a calibration winding current of 5 A will produce the same Ampere-turns as that produced by the nominal primary current.
- The DCCTs shall have an offset and gain adjustment potentiometer accessible on the front panel of the DCCT.
- The DCCT shall be protected against the disconnection of the head cable during operation at zero current.
The DCCT shall have a minimum of three status signals:
(1) zero current;
(2) output not valid;
The equipment and drawings shall in all respects comply with the relevant I.E.C. standards, recommendations and reports including the latest revisions. Attention is drawn to the following:
IEC 60617 - Graphical Symbols for Diagrams;
IEC 61000-6-4 - Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Generic standards Emission standard for industrial environments;
IEC 61000-6-2 - Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Generic standards Immunity standard for industrial environments;
IEC 61000-4-4 - Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Testing and measurement techniques Electrical fast transient/burst immunity test;
MIL-C-5541 Class 3 - Chemical Conversion Coatings on Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys;
IEC 61709:2017 - Electric components - Reliability - Reference conditions for failure rates and stress models for conversion.
Compliance requirements for the above EMC standards shall be provided in detail in the invitation to tender document.
The contractor shall have a quality system equivalent to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The partner will be able to deliver the transducers according to the CERN suppliers guidelines and characteristics required, under a manufacturing agreement.
Already on the market
23 days ago - Analysis for Innovators Round 5 including Glasgow event
50 days ago - Greywater recycling reduces drinking water usage