A Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking to renew its portfolio with products, technologies or ingredients that can provide claimable/measurable improvements in overall wellness across several benefit areas, such as skin health, scent/sensate induced wellness, sanitization/disinfection/hygiene, allergens.
Licence or technical cooperation agreements are sought with industrial partners or technology providers.
In order to renew its portfolio of fabric care or homecare/cleaning products, this Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking for products, ingredients, or devices that can enhance the overall wellness, health or safety profile of existing products for fabric care, homecare or cleaning (dish, surfaces, air, etc.). This applies to both home and personal spaces (cars, offices, etc.).
The company is looking for products, technologies or ingredients that can provide claimable/measurable improvements in overall wellness across the following benefit areas:
- Skin health – Improve skin health and have potential for application via clothing/through fabric care products (e.g. moisturization, allergen removal/repellent, softness for feeling gentle on sensitive skin, etc.) and cleaning products (specifically hand dishwashing and hand soap). Note for fabric application: could occur in washer/dryer or could be a post-treatment after washing/drying (e.g. spray, etc.).
- Scent/sensate induced wellness – Products/technologies proven to induce physiological or emotional responses linked to wellness such as relaxation, focus, energizing, improved resistance to flu/colds/allergens, pain management, etc. across broad definitions of health and wellness.
- Safety – Provide a step change in product/process safety profiles while still enabling the deliverance of high level cleaning performance and hygiene.
- Scents/perfume materials specifically linked to enhanced safety (including impacts on respiratory health, skin reactions, etc.).
- Sanitization/disinfection/hygiene – Technologies providing benefit of improved safety profiles vs traditional disinfecting chemistry. Open to new EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) registrations for novel disinfection/sanitization technologies.
- Allergens – Products/technologies to reduce and/or remove allergens.
The company is therefore looking for collaboration with industrial players or technology providers that have developed or are actively developing solutions fulfilling this technology need.
The purpose would be setting up a long-lasting cooperation via technical collaboration or licence agreement, allowing the large account to comply with its internal strategy and for the potential partner to interact in a systematic way with the large account so as to have immediate access to forthcoming similar requests.
- Type of partner sought: Product forms can include, for example:
- New or novel forms of historical success in fabric & home care
- Liquids, sprays, aerosols, candles, dryer sheets/ balls, etc. for application to fabric & home care products
- For fabric care : application not limited to washer/dryer; can be a pre/post treatment of garments
- Devices are in scope. Ideally, a consumable is linked to the device. Non-chemistry and/or non-refill approaches will only be of interest if they deliver breakthrough consumer delight.
- Biotics and biotech technologies (probiotics, pre-biotics, post-biotics, etc.) : a potential “how” on ideas above
- Powered/based on “kitchen logic” materials such as vinegar, citrus (orange, lemon), etc.
- Hard Water – Potential to provide superior or new benefits particular to use in hard water environments in safe/natural product
The company is NOT interested in :
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulated products/ingredients (i.e. regulated as drug products). However, if there is a true breakthrough wellness benefit; they will assess ideas in this space.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of Partner sought: SMEs or industry, technology providers
Area of expertise : Products, technologies or ingredients that can provide claimable/measurable improvements in overall wellness across areas listed in the technical requirements
Role of Partner Sought: collaborate with the large account for technical collaboration or provide the technical solution sought under licence agreeement
Already on the market