A Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is looking for methods, processes, industry examples, or companies that are capable of producing a Z-folded web with products sandwiched into one side.
Licence or technical cooperation agreements are sought with industrial partners, technology providers or research centers.
Many industrial products use a continuous Z-folded web.
This Belgian multinational active in consumer goods is rather interested in a process or a company that can create the Z-folded web AND insert products into one side of this web. This product form will be placed into a wrapper, a sleeve, or a box, allowing the company to provide a packaging which is different from the current offer.
The number of squares could range between 5 and 30 pieces (please refer to the attached picture).
Other Key Parameters:
• Web Material: It will be flexible like paper or thin plastic film.
• Product is somewhat delicate : It must not be subjected to high compression loads.
- Concepts should not take more than 6 months to prototype
- Concepts should have the ability to scale up
- Concepts should be implementable in all regions of the globe
- Materials or designs should be able to operate in high speed manufacturing environments.
The company is looking for collaboration with industrial partners, technology providers or research centers that have developed solutions fulfilling this technology need.
The purpose would be setting up a long-lasting cooperation via technical collaboration or licence agreement, allowing the large account to comply with its internal strategy and for the potential partner to interact in a systematic way with the large account so as to have immediate access to forthcoming similar requests.
- Type of partner sought: The company is looking for partners with proven solution or willingness to develop a solution for the need.
The following are specific design details/requirements:
- Continuous web to be folded into “Z” shape
- Square product
- Product inserted into only one side of the Z-fold
Here below the parameter ranges (minimum - maximum):
Web Width: 25 mm - 75 mm
Web Thickness: 0.05 mm - 0.15 mm
Product Dimensions: 20 mm x 20 mm - 50 mm x 50 mm
Product Thickness: 3 mm - 8 mm
Speed : 100 ppm - 350 ppm
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Type of Partner sought: SMEs or industry, technology providers, universities or research centers
Area of expertise : companies that are capable of producing a Z-folded web with products sandwiched into one side.
Role of Partner Sought: collaborate with the large account for technical collaboration or provide the technical solution sought under licence agreeement
Already on the market - Proven solution already available. Concepts that can not achieve full range of all criteria will also be considered. Please refer to the Technical Specifications for more details on the concepts
Copyright - Please note that only non-confidential information describing the innovation with current IP status can be accepted for review.