An Austrian company is looking for a cable management solution to fasten, store and manipulate a 5 phase high voltage cable with minimum space requirements in its mobile construction machines. On-site the cable needs to be moved to the local energy supply via an integrated manipulation equipment to run the machines. A license-, commercial-, research- or technical cooperation agreement is sought.
An Austrian company active in the construction business is seeking an innovative solution for the electric cable management for mobile construction machines (~25 tons).
I. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Conventional diesel powered engines are loud. By using low-noise solutions the construction site could be prepared already very early in the morning without disturbing residents.
Currently the mobile electric construction machines have to be connected to the electrical power supply via a 5 phase high voltage cable (3x400V 1xneutral wire 1xearth wire). At the present the electric cable is provided exernally. In future the electric cable and the cable management should be an integral part of the machines. Once the machine is on-site the cable should be removed from the machine and be connected to the local power supply.
The main challenging problems to be adressed are:
1. Cable management:
- For connection of these heavy weight and stiff cables to the electrical power supply a special equipment (cable management) is needed to move the cables since they can not be moved by manpower.
- For machine transport an efficient/compact storage solution of the cable and its cable management solution has to be implemented.
2. Cable protection
- To ensure durability of the cables they have to be protected against rough conditions on site as they are exposed to sun, rain, frost or dirt and other heavy vehicles may pass over the cables.
3. Machine mobility
- To ensure mobility of the machines it has to be possible to drag along the cables during the movement of the machine.
II. COOPERATION SOUGHT
- The Austrian company is looking for existing solutions which can easily be adapted for the described purpose. In case of IP protection a license agreement is sought, otherwise a commercial agreement with technical assistance is sought.
- Alternatively the Austrian company is ready for collaborative R%26D activities. In this case a research or a technical cooperation agreement is sought.
- Type of partner sought: Any approach is of interest which meets the defined requirements and performance criteria listed below. The company is also open for other solutions which do solve the problem but do not stick to the issue of cable management.
- Power assisted or low manual efforts during cable move out / pull in
- 5 phase high voltage cable (3x400V 1xneutral wire 1xearth wire) with a length >= 40m
- Transmitted power: 350kVA, 3x400V, 50Hz
- Connectors: Lapp EPIC Powerlock 660 (one D6C per Phase)
- Protection: IP66 or MIL-STD, qenching protection (vehicle pass over)
- Strain relief: cable weight + friction on muddy ground + overload
- Ambient temperature: -40°C to +60°C
- Supervision of cable damage and emergency stop in case of damage
II. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
- Usability (easy handling, low manual effort)
- Compact storage (m³) of the 5 phase high voltage cable (3x400V 1xneutral wire 1xearth wire, diameter of ~7 cm), pls define storage m³ per 10m , 40m and 100m cable)
- Max. cable reach (m) (e.g by weight limits)
- Machine mobility at connected cable
- Protection/prevention against damage
- Protection against harsh environment
- Strain relief / cable clamp mechanism
- Safety in case of cable damage
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Austrian company is looking for any kind of cooperation partner that can provide a proper solution.
In case of already existing solutions which can be easily adapted to the described purpose a commercial agreement with technical assistance or a license agreement is sought (in case that the solution is patented).
In case of solutions which may need further R&D activities a research or a technical cooperation agreement is sought.
66 days ago - Funding competition Eureka Eurostars 2: round 11
20/02/2019 - Satellite Data in Construction
02/04/2019 - UK Funding for Innovation