A Korean company is looking for partners to collaborate on EUREKA/Eurostars2 project proposal. The project aims to mass production of algae for its use in a photo-bioreactor system. The company is seeking for companies and research institute specialized in the cultivation of microalgae.
A Korean SME specializes in the cultivation of microalgae and develops skin care cosmetics, healthcare food products, and medicines based on them.
The company has experienced microalgae cultivation for 35 years, and a large amount of Astaxanthin from Haematococcus of microalgae would be cultivated and extracted at a low cost through the project.
The technology would enable to reduce the fees for the facility which is applicable to all types of microalgae and efficient and consistent production available in any circumstances including environment and weather. Also, biomass is obtained by stimulating cell divisions on the green stage of haematococcus’s photosynthesis, which results in finished products, such as healthy food, cosmetics, and the development of medicines.
The SME is seeking partners in any other country who work in the related area. The partners are expected to cooperate in using microalgae to produce healthy food, cosmetics, and medicines by submitting a proposal for Eureka or Eurostar2 program.
Deadline for EOI: 1 February 2019
Deadline for Call: 1 March 2019
Project Duration: 104 weeks
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type of partner sought: R&D Institute, SME
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Microalgae cultivation, research on products using microalgae
- Task to be performed: Apply the technology which enables to cultivate microalgae in a large scale on the development of products related to healthy food, cosmetics, and medicines with any countries' partners to submit a proposal for Eureka or Eurostar 2 program
- Cultivation of a large number of microalgae, such as Haematococcus as the macromolecules would be photosynthesized with cell division devices
- It would provoke the cell divisions, which reduce costs generated by biomass to be obtained
- Reduced costs of finished products would be applied on healthy food, cosmetics, and development of medicines
36 days ago - Funding competition Eureka Eurostars 2: round 11
64 days ago - Who saves Christmas every year? We do!