A well-known French institute will coordinate a European Training Network that would be dedicated to repurpose mammalian (cancer) epigenetic libraries / compounds for anti-microbial therapy. To properly answer this European Commission challenge, an industrial partner is sought. Ideally, the partner will be an SME with expertise in chemistry, drug profiling, pre-clinical testing, and epigenetic analysis.
The French institute specialized in infectious diseases would like to coordinate a European Training Network with the following two main objectives:
• include different intracellular pathogens previously linked to epigenetics (Leishmania, mycobacteria, maybe candida, HIV, influenza);
• focus on human macrophages (to allow data comparison between teams and to create links to the clinics).
The funded beneficiaries from different sectors will provide complementary expertise:
• industry SMEs (chemical synthesis, drug profiling, pre-clinical testing, epigenetic analysis, etc.);
• academics (chemistry, infection biology, epigenetic regulation, etc.);
• university clinics (pre-clinical testing, validation with patient material, etc.).
The industrial partner is sought. Ideally, the partner will be an SME with expertise in chemistry, drug profiling, pre-clinical testing and epigenetic analysis.
Thanks to this funding the SME can hire a PhD student and will benefit from research related cost. Also the SME may have access to additional funding opportunities at the EU level if the project is granted.
The project will take place within the framework of the European Training Network for host-directed, epigenetic therapy in intracellular infection. The call is not yet published. The deadline will be March - April 2021. The deadline for expressions of interest is September 15, 2020.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: A small and medium size company with expertise in chemical synthesis, drug profiling, pre-clinical testing, epigenetic analysis, etc is sought as a partner for this ITN project.
It will be a collaborative project, therefore the exact role of the selected SME will be discussed together with the other partners. The SME could be a workpackage leader.
Evaluation scheme: Single-stage submission scheme
Acronym: European Network for host-directed, epigenetic therapy in intracellular infection
Coordinator required: No
408 days ago - Guidance on Horizon 2020 funding if there's a no-deal Brexit