In order to complement the team for Eurostars project, a French SME is seeking European or eligible Eurostars (not French) SME specializing in sensors and cameras for mobility applications, including light detection and ranging (LIDAR) and 3D.
The objective of the project is to develop a solution, including a comprehensive number technological bricks, hardware and software, specially suitable for blind persons in their pedestrian mobility.
Although blindness prevention has made progress in recent years, vision loss still remain now a wide spread handicap, with no major progress expected in the future. The number of blind people worldwide is estimated at 36 millions.
Current solutions to help blind people in their pedestrian mobility through urban areas and public transportation are very limited — mainly canes and guide dogs. Among blind people, there is a deep expectation that technological advances would allow them to improve their ability to go anywhere, without stress, with no hesitation, at anytime, day or night.
The objective of this project is to develop such a solution, including a comprehensive number technological bricks, hardware and software, with a design specially suitable for blind persons.
The consortium will group R&D labs, startups and SMEs with complementary competencies and expertise to develop the solution and market it worldwide. A high level of acceptance by blind persons being a key factor of success, it is supported by the project leader and coordinator which is a leader in technical solutions for blind people.
Ideally the potential partner would bring technological bricks for the autonomous mobility of small robots and drones in an environment with unknown planimetry ; this would include distance sensors and complete embedded autonomous navigation systems.
EOIs, Expression of Interst will be opened until the 6th of February.
Call deadline is the 13th of February 2020
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Industrial and research European or eligible Eurostars SME (not French one) or startup, specialized in R&D and production of sensors and associated processing software ; focus on relatively slow moving and medium precision devices.
The partner would contribute to the project with key components to be integrated along the development and the industrialization of the target system. These components will carry special features and dimensions suitable for the application
- reduced stress for blind people while walking within urban areas
- improved ability to go out, to go through routine errands, to follow routes from home to work
- faster mobility and better ability to reach sites to visit,
- improved social integration
- availability at all time, unlike aids such as a guide dog or a human help, reduction of dependency
- affordable cost, within the range of the cost of technical aids for handicaped people, generally subsidized via public or private funding
- system benefiting from the latest innovations in the field of autonomous mobility and cooperative robotics
Project in negotiations - urgent
Evaluation scheme: https://www.eurostars-eureka.eu
Acronym: AMB Autonomous Mobility for the Blind
Coordinator required: No
24 days ago - PREPARE FOR BREXIT - Free events & webinars
24 days ago - Funding competition: ISCF Future food production systems
34 days ago - Innovation loans: September 2019 open competition