A Spanish company working on educational robotics wants to submit a project proposal to the call ECSEL-2019-2-RIA. The project will develop a Mixed Reality (MR) learning system unit comprised of a MR gaming application and a modular reconfigurable educational robot. Companies, universities and research centres with expertise on hardware design and mechanical design of robotic carcasses and components are sought.
The objective of the project is the development of a Mixed Reality (MR) learning system unit comprised of a MR gaming application and a modular reconfigurable educational robot, in order to have a standardised and smart learning solution to stimulate the student’s learning pace, engagement and motivation through learning by doing DIY (Do It Yourself) through building an integrated system by merging two leading technologies: Augmented Reality (AR) and Educational Robotics (ER).
The system will have simultaneous control on both technological platforms by means of controllable AR environment and the AR assets based control of an educational robot built with two in-built open-source features: a user-modifiable robotic structural design using 3D printable CAD (Computer-Aided Design) models, and a micro-computer driven by customized shield/driver board which enables the communication between the devices through meshed network.
The proposal will be submitted to the call ECSEL 2019-2-RIA, which follows a two-stage evaluation timeline:
- Stage 1 (PO - "Proposal Outline" stage, already submitted).
- Stage 2 (FPP - "Full Project Proposal" stage, partners needed).
EOI deadline: 26th April 2019.
Call deadline: 18th September 2019.
The desired partners can be companies, universities or research centres with the following expertise:
• Hardware design experience in the domain of hardware development of Shield / Driver board for Micro: bit controller.
• Mechanical design of robotic chassis and their components.
The attached document lists the eligible countries and types of organisations.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Spanish SME is looking for companies, universities or research centres with experience in the following fields:
• Hardware design in the domain of development of Shield / Driver board for Micro: bit controller.
• Mechanical design of robotic chassis and components.
The eligible countries/organisations are listed in the attachment.
• Facile approach – Easier to teach complex functions and spatial structures such as human anatomy, mechanism of machines, chemical structure and geometrical shapes.
• Identifying the student’s distinctiveness - Easily identifying pedagogical tactic pertinent to each student’s learning ability.
• Comprehensibility - Ability to teach critical or complex contents utilizing the unique skills of each student. This approach leads to student better learning and understanding ability.
• Cognitive learning - Students can experience a significant cognitive variations through AR based taught methods.
• Prolonged memory impregnation - Topics learnt through the content presented using AR technology can be easily memorized and recalled even a week later compared to the conventional methods.
• Effective Collaboration - It can provide similar user experience for all in the teacher – students demonstrational context where equipping each user with individual interface devices is not feasible. It also creates a common platform where the users collaborate and frame the mutual contents through continuous trials that promotes managerial skills and community engagement of the students.
• Extended motivation - Attaining the motivation to nourish themselves in their passion and enables them to fertilize even in their uninterested field. It also acts as a launch-pad where the students can investigate and develop unique track to attain their dream.
• The two technology-enhanced learning methods (TEL) such as AR and ER have been used separately in taught methods of e-learning so far. However, integrating both TEL methods to enhance learning ability and motivation among the students were focused very little.
Proposal under development
Evaluation scheme: Two phase collaborative projects
Acronym: MIxed Reality controlled educational robot Assisted Learning Environment (MIRACLE)
Coordinator required: No
20 days ago - Analysis for Innovators Round 5 including Glasgow event
47 days ago - Greywater recycling reduces drinking water usage