A Spanish technological research center is preparing a proposal under the call H2020 CE-SC5-07-2018-2019-2020 to work on devulcanization process, intrinsic properties of rubber and new applications. The coordinator is looking for French company that have experience in the life cycle assessment analysis and universities from the Netherlands experienced in the self healing process.
The concern around the growing demand of polymeric materials in the daily life and its consequent generation of waste is well-known. In order to propose solutions according to the circular economy (reduction, reuse and recycling) it is necessary to understand the nature of these materials. The main objective of this project is to create a fundamental change in rubber’s life cycle based on designing elastomeric materials with improved recycling properties. The expected impact of addressing the new challenges is to create new technologies and business opportunities for the recycling industry across Europe, especially in the area of composites and plastics where the challenge is high.
A Spanish technology research center, working in the material and processing technologies development, has formed an initial consortium for the specific topic. The consortium formed has a strong complementarily and industrial support.
The type of the partnership considered is the research cooperation agreement and partners searched are:
• French company that have experience in the life cycle assessment (LCA) analysis of rubber as environmental impacts associated with recycling
• Dutch university with experience in introducing additives of self healing process in the devulcanization of rubber
Funding programme: H2020
Topic: CE-SC5-07-2018-2019-2020: Raw materials innovation for the circular economy: sustainable processing, reuse, recycling and recovery schemes
Expected duration: 36 months
The deadline for the project submission is 19 February 2019.
The deadline for EOIs in this profile is 14 December 2018.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type: Companies, Industry SME.
Activity: LCA Analysis
Role: Partner capable of realise life cycle assessment (LCA) analysis of rubber
- Type: Academic, Technological University.
Activity: Self- healing/Dynamic bonds
Role: Partner capable of studying and introduce the different additives of self-healing in the devulcanized rubber are needed.
The development of the project would aid in:
- Meeting the European's circular economy and environmental targets while demonstrating a clear benefit, i.e. more efficient or economic than the state of the art in order to enable market uptake in the short to medium term;
- Create new technologies and business opportunities for the recycling industry across Europe, especially in the area of composites and plastics where the challenge is high;
- Demonstrate a potential reduction in landfill waste volume by > 50%;
- Reduction of the carbon footprint of the corresponding products by > 30% (based on a full life cycle assessment).
Evaluation scheme: 1st stage Deadline: 19 February 2019 2nd stage Deadline: 04 September 2019
Coordinator required: No
25 days ago - Who saves Christmas every year? We do!