UK based e-commerce business offering an eco-friendly laundry detergent on a subscription basis. They operate via D2C and wholesale. The product is an innovative zero-waste, all-natural alternative to mainstream detergents, formed into ultra-compressed sheets which dissolve in hot or cold water. It is 100% plastic-free, vegan, has a very low carbon footprint and is capable of being posted directly through a letterbox. They seek a manufacturer within Europe via a manufacturing agreement
This UK SME is a highly scalable ecommerce business, set up in response to the dramatic rise in D2C growth, and the demand for eco-friendly products, free from plastic. They believe that over the next 5 years these trends will continue to grow exponentially, and that due to the size and nature of the laundry detergent market, there is a significant opportunity.
The owners background is in the cleaning industry and he has significant experience in developing software to support business operations. They are focused upon their existing laundry detergent product (the benefits of which are listed below),
This product is capable of being posted directly to consumers. These are household essentials, routinely consumed on a day to day basis, thus making them ideal for sale via subscription. Their existing laundry product offers the following benefits:
• 100% natural
• 100% plastic free
• Weighs up to 90% less than mainstream detergents/liquids
• Is a specific measure and creates no mess
• Vegan and cruelty-free
• Capable of being posted through a letterbox
• Takes up to 15x less storage space than powders
• Same cleaning power as mainstream detergents
• Similar price point
• All packaging is compostable
They are looking for a European manufacturer via a manufacturing agreement with a track record in developing eco-friendly detergents to become their long-term exclusive partner for a European wide reach.
- Type of partner sought: Company must have the knowledge and expertise in developing eco-friendly products
- Specific area of activity of the partner: They are looking for a European manufacturer via a manufacturing agreement with a track record in developing eco-friendly detergents and products to become their long-term exclusive partner for a European wide reach.
These products are an ideal fit for the current market trend for eco-products, as is the D2C subscription sales strategy they are implementing. They are focused upon 2 product lines (one shortly due to launch) both of which are required on a day-to-day basis with relevance to all households, at a price point well below many other eco-branded alternatives.
Already on the market