A UK supplier of horse care products is looking for a partner to manufacture high quality horse grooming brushes.
The UK company specialises in high quality equine grooming products.
Their range of products cover all aspects of horse care in the stable yard, competition arena and show ring. More recently the UK company launched a natural skin care range, and continues to develop quality products to expand their range.
The UK company is looking to put together a new range of horse grooming brushes made from natural materials, wooden-backed, leather straps, and animal hair and/or natural fibre for bristles.
They are looking for a partner to manufacture the brushes and also help create new designs through further collaboration.
- Type of partner sought: The UK company is particularly interested in finding a partner who can produce high quality brushes made of natural / raw materials, preferably ethically and sustainably sourced.
Together with the partner, the UK company will be looking at establishing around 8 to 10 types of brushes and designs.
The products specifications are:
- The design needs to be ergonomically friendly and suitable for multiple hand sizes.
- Using high quality natural materials, ethically and sustainably sourced.
- Suggestion of beech or cherry wood for the backing, other types of quality woods considered.
- Bristles: a selection depending on the type of brush, but would include, horse hair, goat hair, and natural fibres - coconut fibre, mex fibre, arenga as examples.
- The design will require different shapes and sizes, and would also include leather straps to some of the brushes.
- Branding on wood or the leather strap or both.
See pictures of the brushes the company already uses, as examples.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The UK company is looking for either:
- a manufacturer who already has an existing line of grooming brushes that could be adapted or re-branded,
- or the manufacturing partner will produce the items based on the design specifications provided by the UK company,
- or both partners will work together to create a design that is within their manufacturing capabilities.
They will also work together to source the suitable materials to make each type of brush.
The goal is to create 6-8 types of brush and to have them manufactured.
The initial order quantity will be 1000 per item.