A UK Company based in the North East has developed and trialled a device to prevent children’s buggies from tipping over when bags etc. are hung from the handles. The device is fixed to the rear legs of the buggy and can be swung upwards and folded out of the way when not needed. The company seeks partners to market and distribute the products in China, the USA and Europe (via a commercial agency/distribution agreement) however they would not rule out interest from other countries.
The company is based in North East England and is privately owned and managed. It has extensive experience in the charity education and caring sectors looking after children and families – and has seen first-hand the falls and other accidents that happen to children from buggies and pushchairs. In fact, research has shown over a 21-year period, over 360,000 children were injured in accidents involving buggies in the USA alone; this device resolves that problem.
The device has been developed directly from that experience and prototype systems have been trialled with families with very positive feedback. These user trials have demonstrated that fitting a buggy assist device also improves the buggy’s manoeuvrability, making it easier to push around in busy and congested spaces.
The stabilising device consists of two arms, which are clipped to the rear legs of the buggy and provide the mechanical strength to support additional weight (bags, purses, shopping etc.) hung on the handles of the buggy by parents and carers. Between the arms of the device, an additional shelf is provided for bags etc. Busy parents can therefore use their buggies to carry extra shopping and bags with no risk of it falling over with the extra weight. When not needed, the arms of the buggy assist device swing upward to lie parallel to the buggy’s rear legs, so it only needs to be fitted to a buggy once.
The device can either be fitted during manufacture and assembly or as an aftermarket product and the company is interested to receive approaches and interest from companies that companies that promote, distribute or sell buggies globally.
The company plans to design and develop other child safety related products and would like to see its chosen partners bring this system and future products to their markets.
The company’s intention is to offer a commercial agency/distribution services agreement and market to key countries such as APAC, North America, MEA and Europe (including the UK). The company will consider a suitable global offer for all territories.
- Type of partner sought: Looking for partners capable of promoting and selling the product to regional and global markets. A wholesaler/distributer of buggies or pram and buggy accessories or on established organisation in the parent and baby sectors would be ideal as they already have the necessary experience and contacts required. It is envisioned that this will be in the form of a commercial agency/distribution agreement.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Wholesalers and distributors with current activity and established experience in selling buggies or pram and buggy accessories; it is envisioned that this will be in the form of a Commercial Agency Agreement or Distribution Services Agreement
Along with looking stylish the assistive stabilising device has the following Innovations and advantages
• Provides additional safety for children
• Easily fitted
• Robust, lightweight design
• Fits to a wide range of buggies
• Folds away when not needed, without the need for dismantling.
• Additional carrying space for bags
• A cost effective and flexible solution to increasing safety in children’s buggies
• Improves buggy manoeuvrability
Prototype available for demonstration
Design Rights,Patents granted,Trade Marks,Copyright - United Kingdom