This UK company specialises in the supply of traceable British wool products to industries including mattress and bedding manufacturers, carpets, upholstery, insulation and home knitting.
As part of its international growth plans, the firm now seeks partners in North America (USA, Canada and Mexico) who would be interested in manufacturing its traceable, eco-friendly and sustainable mattress and bedding components under licence.
The UK company is a long-established business, having been founded in 1888, and supplies quality wool and biodegradable fibres, offering sustainable and traceable products to spinners, weavers, brands and manufacturers. Indeed, over the years, it has become a leading authority on wool fibre technologies, traceable and treated British wool fibre and regeneratively farmed wool.
The company supplies its products into a wide range of industries including carpet and upholstery manufacturing, home and garment insulation, mattress and bedding production as well as the traditional home knitting market. It works closely with its network of wool growers, thus ensuring both the quality and full traceability of its supplies. With sustainability being one of its key business drivers, it has worked hard in recent years to develop new and innovative uses for this biodegradable and sustainable resource.
From its very beginnings the company has worked in international markets and continues to trade with customers around the world. In recent times, it has detected a strong potential demand for its traceable and eco-friendly mattress and bedding components in the North American markets and, in order to meet this demand, it would now like to partner with companies who would be interested in manufacturing its products under licence. This collaboration model would allow it to make these products available in the USA, Canada and Mexico in an efficient and cost-effective way, whilst keeping its environmental impact low.
- Type of partner sought: • Partners should be a non-woven manufacturer with bonding facilities and the ability to cut their product into pads or rolls for a variety of commercial uses (e.g mattress components);
• They would need logistical management capability, to deliver regularly to the mattress/bedding and other relevant manufacturers;
• Ideally they should have experience of working with wool-based products, but this is not essential.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Partners should be experienced in the manufacture of mattress pads or other similar components used in the production of mattresses and bedding. They should understand the benefits of responsibly sourced and eco-friendly products within their supply chain and be of a reasonable size (11-50 employees or more).
They would be expected to manufacture the UK company’s component products under the terms of the licence agreement between the two companies and to market and sell the products in the North American market. The company is looking for partners who are reliable, ready to engage in a mutually beneficial relationship and who share its passion for sustainability.
The UK company can offer the following advantages to potential partners:
• The opportunity to work with a long-established and growing company, with a strong heritage and reputation in the wool industry;
• Expertise in eco-friendly alternatives to man-made fibres and excellent product knowledge in the field of wool and natural fibre technologies;
• The opportunity to add to their range products which are proven in the European market, where the company’s customers have achieved competitive advantage by promoting the use of its components within their products and markets;
• The opportunity also to tap into the growing interest in sustainability, traceability and environment-friendly products;
• Technical back-up from the company’s team, as well as initial marketing support.
Already on the market
411 days ago - Guidance on Horizon 2020 funding if there's a no-deal Brexit