Based in Britain, this supplier has its range of 100 models of complicated, lightweight, specialist hybrid protective bags produced to its own specifications by a manufacturer in China.
The company now seeks to bring the production of an initial 20 models, and eventually its full range of 100 models, nearer to the UK. As the manufacturing partnership develops, more products will be developed with the manufacturer under the framework of a manufacturing agreement.
Trading since 2008, the company has developed a very robust market for its hybrid lightweight protective bags throughout the world using its website, independent retailers and fulfilment companies.
The company currently has its bags manufactured to its exacting specifications in China but now seeks a manufacturing agreement with a manufacturer closer to home.
Initially it seeks to discuss production of 20 out of its 100 models but if successful, all 100 models would be dealt with through the new manufacturer along with the design and production of new models.
The bags are a hybrid of a backpack and a hand carry bag featuring a range of materials and complex structural engineering to produce a lightweight bag with a high level of protection for the items within the bag. The structural complexity is similar to that seen in golf club bags, for example.
As an example, the bags may feature some or all of the following;
- A hard EVA (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) suede effect moulded base
- Non woven PVC Polyester lining
- Internal EPA (Expanded Polythene) foam padding
- Jacquard woven Polyester outer with rip stop panels
- Floor studs
- Nylon backpack system with netting back rest, with reinforcing board and a florescent printed logo
- Double-stitched straps and handles
- Nylon quick release clips
- Moulded rubberised YKK zips featuring the company logo
- Moulded rubberised address tag
- Corner protection
- Neoprene rubberised handles with metal rivets
- Multiple Velcro flapped pockets
- Zippered pockets
- Waterproof rain cover with reflective print
- Lightweight honeycomb board
- Internal pouch with strap and press-stud fastening
- Velcro effect internal material
- EVA covered spacers with Velcro fastenings and base pad with printed logo
- Rubberised UK Union Flag (Union Jack)
Each bag is packed in a clear industrial grade plastic bag and packed 2 or 4 (dependent on size) into a cardboard outer.
The company seeks a partnership with a manufacturer who can manage a parts and production supply chain to source all materials, manufacture the bags, pack and ship them to the company in the UK.
The company currently orders 50 of each model at a time.
- Type of partner sought: A manufacturer capable of producing a full range of complicated and innovative hybrid protective bags from managing a full parts supply chain, through manufacture to packaging and delivery of an initial 20 model product range to an eventual 100 model product range for a manufacturing agreement.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: A manufacturer who can arrange the full production of these complicated, innovative bags from sourcing all the parts, producing the bag, to packing and shipping for a manufacturing agreement.
Already on the market
24 days ago - PREPARE FOR BREXIT - Free events & webinars
24 days ago - Funding competition: ISCF Future food production systems
34 days ago - Innovation loans: September 2019 open competition