A Yorkshire company has developed the world’s first multi-use, drink flavouring bottle cap. The innovative bottle cap fits onto a standard water bottle and could replace an unlimited amount of single-use plastic bottles. The product satisfies consumer demand for good tasting refreshments on-the-go by turning water into fruity flavours or isotonic drinks. The UK company now wants to bring the product to market and is therefore looking for a manufacturer under licence.
The UK company was founded in 2018 by an entrepreneur who wanted to create a product that responded to the problem of satisfying the want for flavour or function, without the need for environmentally damaging plastics when consumers are on-the-go. They developed a concept for a multi-use, drink flavouring bottle cap which complements the UK Government’s refill initiatives and provides corporate social responsibility (CSR) for potential partners.
The product is pocket-sized and is made up of a screw mechanism which screws onto the neck of a round PET (polyethylene terephthalate) standard bottle neck of 28mm and has an interchangeable flavour cartridge attached.
Each flavour cartridge contains 20 servings of, for example, concentrated cordials, infusions or rehydration tablets. The cartridges can be adapted to changing consumer demands and trends. The screw cap mechanism can be used for an unlimited number of plastic bottles as it is made from durable plastic-free materials for long-term use.
The UK company is keen to bring this new product to market and therefore the proposed type of collaborating is manufacturing agreement under licence. The company offers exclusive designs that are solely designed and IP owned by the UK company, thus offering innovative, modern designs.
- Type of partner sought: The right partner will have essential experience in manufacturing re-usable environmentally friendly products and has experience in interpreting technical specifications and measurements and thorough understanding of the different components.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Organisations wishing to work with this UK company should have experience in producing manufacturing re-usable environmentally friendly products. To avoid long delivery times over large distances and high environmental impact, the company is looking for European suppliers only.
In return this company will provide committed on-going support on product planning and logistics and expects to develop long term relationships with manufacturing partners who are flexible, pro-active, reliable, and have a history of delivering quality products to deadlines.
The UK company has the following advantages for any potential partner:
- Existing experience working within the food & drinks products industry.
- Pre-agreed specification and volumes for ease of business planning.
- Will provide on-going product and logistics support to manufacturers.
- Opportunity to work with exciting new brand and bring a new innovative product to market.
- This new product challenges consumer’s throwaway plastic culture by providing a new and exciting way for enhancing and flavouring the refill revolution and negates the need for single-use plastic bottles.
- Product is environmentally friendly and provides corporate social responsibility (CSR) for potential partners.
Patents granted - Worldwide patent for: - flavouring bottle cap - closure arrangements for liquid containers, liquid container assembly, and the like
32 days ago - Are you prepared for Brexit?
37 days ago - Innovate UK's Smart programme