This UK company is active in the sale and distribution of various brands and types of bikes / bicycles. They are requesting manufactures under a manufacturing agreement who can manufacture and assemble electric bikes for sale in the UK. This company is seeking manufacturing primarily in Central and Eastern Europe as well as parts of Asia Minor. This company has a large network of independent sellers and so has the potential for significant scale.
This UK company is a West Midlands based bicycle distributor responsible for some of the best known bike brands in the UK. With two historic British brands in their stable, they have a wealth of experience designing, developing and producing high quality bikes that are perfectly suited to the UK cycling market. Each of their brands is developed with very different intentions in mind, playing to the strength's of their heritage in certain cycling categories.
Our client is primarily looking for the sourcing of electric bikes, and are wanting suppliers that can provide there for the $300 - 700 (at cost) segment. They are wanting suppliers that can provide these bikes under a white label as the company would like to sell these under their own brand. Some additional customisation possibilities would be ideal in order to differentiate their product more from others on the market.
This company has brands that date back over 100 years, with new ranges that continue to keep the wheels of change firmly in motion. They have also launched a line of lightweight children's bikes in January 2017. In addition to their bicycle lines, they also distribute a compact range of Pulse accessories, including Lights, Helmets, Pumps, Locks and more.
All of their products are available to buy through their network of 800+ independent nationwide dealers. They do this as it ensures the consumer receives the best possible service and after care – local dealers are there to educate their customers on everything they might want to learn about bikes and cycling, and if needed will be there should there be any service requirements further down the line.
- Type of partner sought: The company is looking for a partner that has experience designing and manufacturing electric bikes.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: This company is looking for an electric bicycle assembler & Manufacturer. This would preferably with own research and development staff, strict QC controls and sustainable supply. Ideally located in countries which do not attract import duty/anti-dumping duty. English speaking contact person. Ability to supply goods within 6 months of order (maximum) and an initial low-rate of production, with the ability to scale up later on if necessary.
- This company has Long established, British bike brands dating back as far as 1906.
- Their sales network consists of 800 Bike shops in the UK
- A dedicated sales team of 6
- All product & development is managed in-house in UK, by experienced, dedicated team (Languages spoken; English, Bengali, Hindi).
- All bicycles developed to meet the relevant ISO standard (mainly ISO 4210)
- They don't replace each model each year and so spread their manufacturing throughout the year, reducing the peaks and troughs in traditional consumer goods manufacturing.
02/04/2019 - UK Funding for Innovation
04/06/2019 - Future of Building 2019