An e-commerce company from the UK selling worldwide to over 100 countries is looking to work with suppliers that can supply non-electronic household or outdoor goods via a distribution services agreement. This can encompass a wide variety of products ranging from small coffee tables to bicycles etc. The suppliers would need to provide stock feeds and product data with drop shipping options are preferred.
This UK company was started in 2014, and their dream was to make products available for sale to as many customers around the world as possible. Just 4 years later, they now ship to 157 different countries and territories, meaning they supply goods to 81% of the world!.
As an e-commerce company, they are looking to list domestic and outdoor products on their online marketplaces. The company will list the items for sale on their platforms and buy them from the supplier after they have been bought online through a distribution services agreement.
Suppliers will then have the choice to drop-ship the items to the consumer or use the company's own distributing methods. Smaller low value items can be shipped anywhere via international post whereas larger high value items are shipped via courier.
The business can promote the products through their platforms which can increase the likelihood of sales; additionally the company have software tools available that can translate product listings which gives access to customers in even more countries.
There is no limit to the products that this company is willing to distribute, anything and everything that is sell-able to consumers and can be shipped without having to use special means would be considered.
- Type of partner sought: Authentic measurements of handling and dispatch times are integral to the company's mission to ensure customer satisfaction. The suppliers would therefore have systems in place that provide accurate handling times so customers are as well informed as possible.
The company are seeking any suppliers of products that can be boxed, the supplier should also be able to provide additional information and services regarding the product such as stock feeds and drop-ship options.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for suppliers of products that can be boxed and have no trade limitations.
Partners would need a good track record of handling and dispatching in an efficient manner with accurate stock feeds.
Partners experienced in providing drop-shipping options are favourable.
All this would ideally be conducted under a distribution services agreement.
- Suppliers have a drop-ship option to provide users their products or they can use the companies own distribution methods
- Promotes products and also provides translation tools
- Access to buyers in over 160 countries
- Internet shopping is on an upward trend. In the UK there was a 8.9% increase from the previous year reflects that consumer preferences are changing.
Already on the market
32 days ago - Are you prepared for Brexit?
37 days ago - Innovate UK's Smart programme