Established UK supplier specialising in the supply of laboratory instrumentation and consumables/reagents is looking for new products across its four divisions: cell biology, molecular biology, quantification/detection and electron microscopy. The company sells directly to academia, industry, biotech, contract research organisations. It is offering distribution agreement for representing innovative instrumentation especially from spin out companies to the UK and Irish markets.
A very well-established UK supplier specialised in research laboratory equipment and consumables, is looking for innovative products complementary to their current portfolio for representation in the UK and Ireland.
The company has been trading for over 20 years in the life science industry. The founder holds a PhD and has over 30 years’ sales and marketing experience sales in the industry. Their customer base includes academia, biotech, contract research organisations and the UK national health service. This year, they have also established an electron microscopy division, which has further increased their product portfolio and expanded their target markets including material sciences, chemistry and manufacturing.
The company’s general business model is to distribute highly innovative instrumentation that require a technical demonstration and have associated proprietary peripherals/reagents/consumables.
Based on their current product portfolio and the life sciences market in the UK, they are looking for :
- instrumentation in cell biology, molecular biology, detection and electron microscopy
- reagents/consumables for cell and molecular biology. As examples, this may include, antibodies, enzymes, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) kits etc.
- laboratory balance/scale for weighting chemicals
- robotics for laboratories
Particular products of interest (although not limited to), are those developed/manufactured by spin out companies that require a route to the UK life science market. The company may request exclusive distribution rights.
The company's current product portfolio includes:
Their cellular and molecular biology solutions include:
- instrument for cell culture, cell imaging, cell isolation, cell quantification and analysis
- reagents, serum and media
- real time polymerase chain reaction (amplify DNA) and DNA size selection
- next generation sequencing and gel imaging
- cold storage
Their quantification and detection solutions includes:
- micro plate readers and washers
- luminescence reagents
- Type of partner sought: Expertise in laboratory equipment, technologies and solutions with products/technologies already on the market, or at the very least close to market.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Companies selling their own research laboratory instrumentation, reagents or laboratory scales
The company has been building a customer database for 20 years with contact details for most research organisations in the UK and Ireland. The company’s main unique selling points are its technical and service expertise. All their product managers and field sales managers are educated to PhD level with a high level of laboratory experience. The service engineers are able to service much of their product portfolio; thus, they prefer to offer customers service contracts/extended warranties. Therefore, their expectation would be that the manufacturer/supplier would provide their service engineers with full service training.
Already on the market
30/10/2018 - Ocean Energy Europe 2018