A Slovenian innovator, from Primorska region, has developed an innovative device for sharpening chainsaws. The company has been awarded at various innovation fairs and exhibitions across Europe. The product has undergone an upgrade and improvement phase and has already been tested. The innovator is looking for plastic/aluminum injection molding tool companies to produce an improved version of the device based on a manufacturing agreement.
The Slovenian innovator has a long tradition of developing new technologies and products, which have been awarded at various fairs and innovative exhibitions across Europe (eg IENA in Nürnberg, Salon International des Inventions - Geneva, SuZhou in China).
Some years ago, he developed and patented a unique device for sharpening the chainsaws and obtained patent protection for it (national and in the USA). Product testing took place in a real environment (professional foresters and hobby users of chainsaws in Slovenia and the USA), where it turned out that sawing using this type of razor is of exceptional quality.
It is a portable magnetic socket for sharpening chainsaws, which uses 12 to 14.4V power supply and is based on innovative technology of pendulum and line sharpening of chainsaws with grinding wheels of small diameters in which there are abrasives of classic or CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) grains. Abrasives made of synthetic diamond grains are used to sharpen carbide teeth. The oscillating principle of sharpening illustrates a bearing-guided incident arc of motion, as does the circumference of a grinding wheel in expensive professional devices with large diameters.
The improved version of the sharpener enables easier installation of the device on the blade of a chainsaw and more precise and repeatable centering of the device for optimal sharpening of the chain. The advantage of this device is, that it is not necessary to remove the chain from the chain saw blade.
The product is intended primarily for professional foresters, employees on construction sites, firefighters (icebreakers, fallen trees during storms, etc.) buto also for other hobby users of chainsaws.
The product is currently in the phase when upgrades and improvements have been tested and verified, so the innovator is looking for companies (toolmakers with plastic and aluminum injection technology) for joint cooperation in the production of new device/components of an enhanced product version based on a manufacturing agreement.
- Type of partner sought: The partners sought should be toolmakers with expertise in plastic and aluminum injection technology to produce new components (from plastic or aluminum) of the enhanced product version.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The innovator is looking for financially stable small and medium-sized plastic and aluminum injection molding companies that have toolmaking capacities to produce the necessary tools and are willing to cooperate, in the first phase, on the basis of a production agreement and produce tools for injection molding of plastic and aluminum parts. In the second phase, they would continue cooperation for serial production of the product.
The innovations of the offered product in comparison with the competing products that are already available on the market are:
- magnetic or electromagnetic chain saw blade / knife mounting with a mechanism that enables precise and stable installation, precise centering and optimal chain sharpening;
- innovative principle of installation and attachment to the saw blade;
- new principle of fixing a sharpened tooth, the principle of functions of grinding wheels and the mechanism of installation of discs;
- a new principle of cooling sharpened teeth.
The advantages of the product over other competing products are:
- easy mounting of the device on the blade / blade of the chainsaw - it is not necessary to remove the chain from the saw blade;
- more precise centering of the device for optimal chain sharpening;
- when sharpening the teeth of a chainsaw, there are no forces that would overload the adhesive strength of the magnetic forces on the saw blade compared to the mechanical attachments of competing products on the market;
- the device is very competitive especially in sharpening high-alloy - steel and carbide teeth;
- the device is small and above all light, so it does not destabilize the saw during the sharpening process;
- is portable in its own case;
- has its own power supply and low power consumption;
- easy handling;
- it is possible to produce the device in different price ranges;
- comparable devices for chain sharpening using disc grinding are not competitive by weight and electricity consumption.
Available for demonstration - There are already 3D computer models existing for all versions of the innovator's chainsaw sharpener. The innovator has at his disposal all the tools for the preliminary - pilot model of the pendulum version with which the experimental series of 1000 pieces was made. By testing these devices with different users and based on their opinions, expertise was carried out on how to improve the device to the appropriate focusing quality that will meet the needs of most users of such devices. The strategic goal of the innovator is to conclude appropriate development and production cooperation with interested production companies and to become the largest manufacturer of such devices in the world. To achieve this, it will be necessary to make two to three versions of the device in at least three price ranges.
Granted patent or patent application essential - EU and US patent protection for a pilot model of the device was waived and no fees were paid lately. The reason lies in the fact that a new patent protection will be needed for an improved version related to the improvements of the magnetic induction mechanism. The idea is for the new patent protection to be filed in agreement with investors. Later, it would make sense to protect different product models and of course the brand.