A Swedish startup is looking for a sewing factory in Europe that can support a startup company, but also grow with the company to a larger production over time. The company has experience in textile production and some pattern making but is looking for a manufacturer that could also provide pattern making and development of their styles to fit production. A high service level and design interpretation knowledge is required.
The Swedish company is an apparel startup that will be launched in Sweden during 2019 focusing on long-lasting high quality business attire for women, mainly dresses to begin with, but other items as well later on.
The company is now looking for a sewing factory in Europe that could provide them with production capabilities, pattern making and pattern development, grading and fitting, and access to sourcing of materials and labels. The factory would have to be open to work with environmental initiatives, such as using scrap materials to make garment bags, or similar.
The main product will be staple dresses with low style variation and the first item the company would be looking to enter into a manufacturing agreement for would be one dress in one fabric, in many sizes. The manufacturing does not have to be made to measure, but in supporting a startup company the sewing factory would have to be able to handle low quantity sewing with many sizes in the beginning.
- Type of partner sought: - High quality sewing and finishing
- Pattern making and development
- Grading and fitting
- Access to materials and labels
- Implemented quality control
- Low quantity sewing in many sizes to begin with
- Open to work with environmental initiatives
- Low lead time
- Used to supporting startup companies
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Swedish company is looking to enter into a manufacturing agreement with a sewing factory in Europe that can offer high quality services and support to a startup company in the development and production of primarily long-lasting, staple dresses.
32 days ago - Are you prepared for Brexit?
37 days ago - Innovate UK's Smart programme