A Swedish startup is looking for a suit-like fabric supplier in Europe that offers durable, high-quality fabrics combined with elastane or another elastic material. The fabric needs to be applicable to business dress designs that will be frequently used, machine washed at low temperatures, and have an exclusive look and feel. The company is looking to enter into a manufacturing agreement with a supplier that preferably keep inventory stock of requested fabrics or offers low minimum quantity.
The Swedish company is an apparel startup that will be launched in Sweden during 2019 focusing on business attire for women, mainly dresses. The company is now looking for a fabric supplier in Europe that could provide high-quality and durable textiles; wool, cotton or lyocell, or a polyester, suitable for business attire but that offers comfort through stretch, such as approx. 3-5% elastane or other elastic material. The company is looking to enter into a manufacturing agreement with a supplier that preferably keep inventory stock of requested fabrics or offers low minimum orders.
Main fabric properties of interest are:
- High-quality look and feel
- Durable and comfortable
- Machine washable in low temperatures and low shrinkage
- High strength, low pilling, great color fastness, very good/low seam slippage
- Not attracting of other particles/fibers or leaving lint onto other fabrics
- Doesn't statically charges during winter time in combination with for example a different textile lining
The different fabrics of interest are:
- Soft wool fabric, minimum 50% wool, preferably 95-98% and with 3-5% elastane or other elastic material. Washable in gentle wash or hand wash program. Strong, long-lasting, good color fastness, and no itching.
- Cotton or Lyocell 95-98% with 3-5% elastane or other elastic material. A plain fabric, like a twill 2x1 or regular 3x1, or open to suggestions. Luxury look necessary and quite sturdy but not uncomfortable and still a soft feel, weight approx. 200-250 gram per square meter. High color fastness with very good mechanical and physical properties.
- Polyester or recycled polyester with exclusive properties, look and feel. Breathable, wicking and heat transportable fabric. High-quality level needs to be ensured.
- Open to other fabrics that would fit any of our above criteria.
Colors of interest are:
- Solid colors like black, navy, grey and red. Potentially a purple or other contrast color.
- Type of partner sought: - Supplier of high-quality textiles
- Knows textile quality control and testing
- Communicative and responsive
- Preferably has experience working with startups
- Preferably continuously work to improve their environmental impact and with social initiatives
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for a fabric supplier of suit-like textiles combined with elastane or other elastic material in Europe. The company would prefer to enter into a manufacturing agreement with a supplier that keep inventory stock of requested fabrics or offers low minimum orders.
Already on the market
20 days ago - Analysis for Innovators Round 5 including Glasgow event
47 days ago - Greywater recycling reduces drinking water usage