A Swedish company producing and selling road safety products and constructions to the building industry made of steel and stainless steel is looking for a sub-supplier under an outsourcing agreement. They are looking for partners in Poland, Lithuania or Estonia
The company has been in the industry since 1894. During the last 40 years the main active has been in the area of road safety. The company is now planning to expand their business to include deliveries to the building industry.
The Swedish company has been in the industry since 1894 and in the last 40 years mainly been active in the area of road safety. They are now expanding with deliveries to the building industry. Today the company produce all steel elements themselves: fences (railing in galvanized steel), crossbars and posts.
In order to become more competitive, maintain the quality of their products and increasing their market position, they are looking for a partner under an outsourcing agreement. Almost all products are galvanized therefor it is important that the potential partner has a close cooperation with a supplier of galvanization.
The potential partner should expect tasks with a duration of approximately 1500 to 2000 man hours, evenly spread over the year. It is expected that working man-hours will increase in coming years.
The partner should preferably be located in Poland, Lithuania or Estonia.
- Type of partner sought: The potential partner needs to supply the Swedish company with comprehensive price calculations, as well as technical calculations of strength for building of finished constructions.
The welders who weld items for the Swedish company must be qualified. Weld Procedure Specification (WSP) according to EN ISO 15609 and Weld Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) is required for all products.
The execution class for all welds are according to EN ISO 5817 class C (level of imperfections) if nothing else is specified on drawing.
As nearly all products are galvanized, a close cooperation with a supplier of galvanization is essential. The galvanizing shall be in accordance with the demands stated in SS EN ISO1461-2009.
The partner should be able to deliver the following techniques:
• flame cutting and plasma cutting
• steel welding and sandblasting
• sheet metal working including
• zink-galvanizing 100%
• painting (10% of the items are painted after galvanization)
If the potential partner has the possibility to create production drawings it would be an extra advantage.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The Swedish company is looking for partners in order to outsource a part of their welding. Expected need for the first year is 1500 to 2000 man hours with the expectation to increase as the Swedish company grow.
The potential partner should have considerable experience about welding. The partner should also be used to working with the standard programs of CAD (computer-aided design).
Already on the market
32 days ago - Are you prepared for Brexit?
37 days ago - Innovate UK's Smart programme