Netherlands based company specialized in production and global distribution of veterinarian pharmaceuticals is looking for partners to make bacteriophage-therapy accessible in animal husbandry.
The company seeks partners in Belgium, the UK, Germany and Denmark which have research - or business activities related to bacteriophage therapy in pharmacology, human and/or veterinarian field.
The Dutch company believes that there is a need for new methods of fighting pathogens in lifestock keeping, and therewith improving animal health. It is a wellknown fact that bacteria develop resistantce towards antibiotics, and this matter becomes urgent. The bacteriophage has good potential to have a key role in this fight against bacteriological resistance.
In order to reduce global use of antibiotics in hobby and professional animal farming, the SME is looking for enterprises and knowledge institutions that have research/ activities related to bacteriophage therapy (pharmacology, human and veterinarian).
The aim is to:
- Form an advisory group for valorisation of bacteriophage therapy in animal husbandry
- Create a validation route for bacteriophage-based products and its therapy
- Implement a production line for bacteriophage based products
- Find and produce effective treatment based on bacteriophage therapy against Salmonella ssp, E.coli, and Enterococcus for pigs, poultry and cattle.
Partners are sought in Belgium, the UK, Germany and Denmark.
- Type of partner sought: Partners may be specialized in the knowledge and technology of isolating, producing or mixing of phages for animal, human or scientific research.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Partners may be universities with a veterinairy department and research institutes (among which hospitals) with focus on pharma.
Preferred partners (companies or R&D organisations) are specialized in one of the following fields:
- Knowledge about bacteriophage therapy
- Knowledge about validation proces of new medicine
- Practical knowledge of application of phage therapy
- Scientific knowledge to participate in a knowledge group
- Knowledge or technology of producing and mixing of bacteroophages
The company believes that this is a step towards better health for animals and people, and reduce the use of antibiotics globally.
32 days ago - Are you prepared for Brexit?
37 days ago - Innovate UK's Smart programme