For a market report covering the EU steel industry, a Japanese research institute is looking for EU consulting companies or R&D centres with proven expertise on the EU steel industry. The task will include: desk searches, interviews to target companies as well as field study and inspection of facilities; the aim is to provide an extensive overview of the EU steel industry. A service agreement will be finalised with the relevant partner.
A Japanese research institute is seeking consulting companies or research institutes who have information network among steel manufacturers and steel plant suppliers in the EU.
The Japanese institute is specialised in the research of steel products and processes. Their main interest is about current status of the market, and future possible influences brought by novel products and process technologies.
Their aim is to grasp the future technical and business trend (risk and chance) related to the steel industry, and to be well-prepared for the impact to the Asian market (China, ASEAN, India, Korea, and Japan).
It is expected that the potential partner has a proven experience of the steel sector and that is engaged in periodical publications in the field. This is a minimum for possible cooperation. The task will include desk searches, interviews to target companies as well as field study and inspection of facilities.
Additionally, periodical release of newsletters on the activities of players in this field would also help. Individual research in detail might become necessary depending on the nature of the project.
A service agreement will be signed with the relevant partner able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the sector.
Please note that the request is targeting companies from the following countries only: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom.
- Type of partner sought: The Japanese institute has already a list of possible European leading steel manufacturers and plant suppliers as targets for the research.
Their emphasis is more on downstream processes of steel manufactures, some processes of secondary processing manufacturers, in-line processes of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) factories, and related products for automotive, infrastructure, energy, machinery, shipbuilding, rolling stock, electric appliance and other industries.
The processes that the Japanese institute specifically focuses are, for example:
- thin slab continuous casting process for high-end products such as electrical steel and automotive steel
- in-line forging process of slab to make heavy gauge plate for molding
- state-of-the art manufacturing processes of seamless pipe - mandrel, MPM (multi-processing module), PQF (premium quality finishing)
- continuous zinc coating line with vacuum evaporation
- in-line rapid cooling and heating system for high strength cold strip
- hot stamping process for high strength automotive parts
- IoT (internet of things) systems to control the entire process chain
The Japanese institute would like to obtain information on current product portfolio of each manufacturer of their interest, and expects being provided with detailed technical specifications like grade, quality, production capacity, costs and major clients.
Information at R&D stage is important for future analysis process. Business information for actual application, estimated cost and productivity, is even more important comparing to benchmarking.
For in-depth analysis, the potential partner should be able to held interviews with experts such as engineers who have knowledge and job experience in the sector, and/or researchers who have participated in R&D projects in this field. While published or released information alone may be sufficient to fulfil overall purpose for some parts. In some cases, field study and inspection of facilities might be also useful to achieve the task.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The consulting company or the R&D institute interested to fulfill this request must have proven technical knowledge of steel products and processes.
The type of expected activity is the collection of technical and business information by media, interview and field study, according to the Japanese institute needs.
1 day ago - Analysis for Innovators Round 5
28 days ago - Greywater recycling reduces drinking water usage