An Italian company specialised in car design and manufacturing of special vehicles wishes to assign design work packages to engineering service providers located in selected countries. Outsourced packages could include Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) services based on inputs provided by end customers. Outsourcing or services agreements are the desired cooperation frameworks.
The Italian based company has an outstanding portfolio in the field of industrial design and engineering services, which are delivered to the automotive industry at global level through its subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America. The company is committed to providing car manufacturers with design, style, engineering and manufacturing of special vehicles such as motor show models and limited car series.
Also with a view to integrating the activities of its internal engineering centre, the company is currently considering outsourcing specific design work packages related to car interiors and body-in-white panels. The engineering centre may also ask selected partners to deliver Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) services based on CAS files provided by end customers.
Potential partners shall be located in selected countries and have proven experience in car bodywork design and calculation, both for aluminium and for composites panels and structures. A portfolio of past projects will be required and evaluated during partnersí selection process.
Cooperation is envisaged either through outsourcing agreement or through services agreement, depending on the specific assignments and end customersí needs.
- Type of partner sought: Mandatory proved experience in the following fields:
- automotive body works (panels) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) with computer programs CATIA V5 and Unigraphics;
- body-in-white design for car underbody and upperbody, closures (doors, hoods, bonnets, trunks) and exterior trims;
- design for interior trims, instrument panel and central console.
Preferential additional experience with Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) for safety prediction and NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) calculation.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Ideal partners are small and medium sized engineering companies with expertise in automotive design and calculation, to be proved through past project portfolio.
Selected companies should be able to take on full responsibility and coordination over the design work packages assigned through their own internal resources and expertise (no subcontracting).
The partnership will take the form of an outsourcing agreement or a services agreement depending on the specific assignments.