An Irish public authority wants to explore the European market to purchase innovative and sustainable solutions for workwear products. Specifically, it is seeking manufacturers and/or distributors which can supply a more sustainable solution to its current range of litter pickers and high visibility tabards. The sustainable products should satisfy requirements on technical properties and usability for the end user. They should also incorporate end of life use, reuse and recycling into design.
Request for a manufacturer and/or supplier of sustainable workwear alternatives which support the Circular Economy.
While conforming to PPE - Health & Safety standard requirements as per EU Regulation on Personal Protective Equipment (2016), the sustainable work tools products should satisfy requirements on technical properties and wear ability for the end user. They should also incorporate end of life use, reuse and recycling into design.
The proposed products should bring additional benefits to the user, in the manner of better product and better comfort and offer solutions on end of life reuse and recycling options.
Specific target countries include Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden.
- Type of partner sought: The high visibility vest must comply with the product specifications outlined.
• Certificates should be available for items for which European or ISO standards apply. All relevant certificates / declarations of conformity following the award of a contract should be available at the request of the buyer.
• If the material specifications conflicts with the requirements of the brief then the latter shall prevail and is at the discretion of the buyer.
Items should comply with the regulation on Personal Protective Equipment (2016)
1. High visibility (Hi-Vis) garments
* ISO 20471:2013 New standard for high visibility clothing replacing EN 471:2003 + A1:2007.
Litter pickers 600 units
Hi-visiblity tabards - 25,000 units
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Manufacturer and/or supplier of circular/sustainable work wear and work tools (litter picker and high visibility tabard).
The sustainable and circular product solutions should include manufacturer/ supplier evidence of:
• Reduction of carbon footprint in logistics, manufacture and in reclaim at end of life cycle
• Reduction waste at end of life and work towards a more sustainable/reusable solution
• Use more sustainable materials when sourcing to reduce dependence on natural resources
• Reclaim solutions – details of how it can be implemented and monitored.
• Landfill / Recycling – even if parts cannot be recycled, proposals should be offered on how the supplier can dispose of these parts as responsibly as possible
• Proposals should demonstrate likely costs associated with collection and recycling
• Suppliers should demonstrate transparency in the supply chain.
Technical specifications are available for each required item and the buyer is also open to co-development with prospective manufacturers and suppliers.
Already on the market - The buyer wants to source sustainable product solutions already on the market but also wishes to work with manufacturers to co-develop solutions to required specifications.