A French company with 40 years' experience in distribution of packaging solutions for the agricultural and industrial sectors is looking for a packaging manufacturer in Europe to supply high density polyethylene infusion bags via a supplier agreement.
Established in 1960 in SouthWest France, the company started business in providing coal to households. It quickly expanded its business to supply farmers with packaging solutions. In October 2016, it was acquired by a specialist with 40 years experience in paper sacks and a new strategic direction was given toward product and market diversification.
The company's product portfolio includes:
- infusion bags for wood chips infusion in the wine-making industry
- kraft paper bags
- woven polypropylene big bags
- polypropylene bags
Aiming to further expand its product portfolio and develop its network of business partners, the company is looking for bag manufacturers in Europe.
Infusion bags are used to bring oak flavor and aroma in the wine making process.
Overall estimated annual quantity is 200 000 pieces, supplied through a supplier agreement which includes the specifications for the production of the bags, specifications defined and transmitted by the French company. No other types of bags will be taken into consideration.
The partner searched should be able to produce on-demand and to deliver quickly. Price competitveness is a key selection criteria for this product.
- Type of partner sought: The sought partner should be able to react quickly to demand.
The sought partner must be able to produce and deliver infusion bags according to the following requirements:
- Food grade high density polyethylene (HDPE), white color
- Internal bag size 50x80 cm, external bag size 50x95 cm.
- Black opening pull, monofilament polyethylene yarn
- Packaging and delivery: bales of 1000 units, for a delivery on euro pallets.
Products must comply with EU regulations on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food:
- European regulation no. 1935/2004 (27/10/2004)
- European regulation no. 2023/2006 (22/12/2006)
- European regulation no. 10/2011 (14/01/2011)
- No substances above the permitted level from the Substance of Very High Concern List
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for a supplier agreement with a packaging manufacturer based in Europe. The partner will be experienced in international logistics, in order to expedite deliveries to France.
The French company enjoys a very good market position with a large nationwide portfolio of more than 300 customers. It has proven experience in international cooperation, working with existing foreign suppliers.
Already on the market