The Martinican company specialises in restoring, repairing, reconditioning and renting household appliances with the aim of encouraging customers to recycle or repair Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE). In order to extend its range of services, the company is looking for an appliance parts wholesaler interested in becoming a long-term supplier under a supplier agreement.
Since its creation in 2018 in Martinique, the company's mission has been to solve all household appliances' problems. They achieve this goal through 3 main activities:
1. Appliances Restoration : the concept is to revive Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE), more specifically household appliances.Thus, they bring appliances declared out of service back to working order.
2.Reconditioned household appliances sale: the company retrieves appliances from owners who do not want to repair them and reconditions them to offer them for sale at a competitive price
3. Appliances rental: the company offers to rent reconditioned appliances with a maintenance contract, allowing the customers to benefit from a budgeted expense.
The company mainly maintains and repairs the following appliances:
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Gas cookers
In order to complete its range of services, and improve those that already exist, the company is looking for a long-term partnership with an appliance parts supplier, preferably a wholesaler as they specialize in a wide diversity of brands. This partnership is key to the company as they expect to offer parts for sale to B to B as well as B to C customers at competitive prices. This new offer would solve an island-wide supply shortage that has always existed, discouraging customers to resort to repairing appliances.
The company is open to act as a distributor or commercial agent for its partner, although they are primarily interested in entering into a supplier agreement with a partner that understands their vision and is ready to assist them in their mission.
The partner is expected to ship the parts to Martinique.
It would be a plus that the partner could offer an in-house tool that would allow the company to place direct orders, although it is not a requirement.
- Type of partner sought: The ideal partner would have a great command of logistics and an expertise in Appliance Parts.
The following parts are most demanded:
Door safety, door seals, shock absorbers, drain pump, Carbon brushes Motor Coal, belt, electronic card, flowmeter, water inlet pipe, water outlet pipe, condenser, resistance, probes, motor fans, magnetron, fuses,
The company is mostly interested in the following brands:
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Ideal attributes of the partner:
1. Wholesaler with an expertise in household appliances
2. Is able to easily source the parts listed in the technical specifications
3. Has an efficient supply chain from the warehouse to Martinique
4. Has an efficient order management system. It is a plus if this tool could be provided to the company in Martinique to ease the ordering process.
5. The partner would ideally be located in Italy, Poland, Germany, Spain, or France but other European Countries could be considered depending on their offer.
The partner might also be an household appliances parts' manufacturer who is looking for a distributor or a commercial agent in Martinique. In that case, the company would accept to discuss a commercial agency or a distribution services agreement, although it is not the preferred type of partnership.
The company benefits from its founder experience. The latter has a 6 years' experience in appliance repairs and has worked in international firms.
The company's solutions contribute to a circular vision of the economy. In an economic and ecological context where recycling makes perfect sense, the company considers that repairing or reconditioning rather than abandoning household appliances is an act of commitment.
In a world which has long promoted the renewal of appliances, the company wants to prove its customers that they can keep their appliances longer than they think.
In France only 44% of appliances are repaired or recycled, thus the company acts on a promising market with a potential for regional expansion, as this topic is also a concern in the Caribbean.
Already on the market