The company specializes in distributing tourism items to souvenir retailers located in Martinique and Guadeloupe. In order to renew their range and improve product quality, they are looking for manufacturers or designers located in Europe, who are capable of creating and executing models for their new collection under a manufacturing or a supplier agreement. The company is also open to considering acting as a distributor for an existing brand specializing in tourism items.
For the past 10 years, the company has been designing tropical and colourful tourist items, especially:
- Tablewear such as tablecloths, ceramic table mats, decorative objects, coasters, trays, etc.
- Beachwear for children, women, and men such as beach wraps, swimwear, dresses, T-shirts,
- Decorative art objects such as Magnets, paintings, fabric calendars
- Stuffed toys with madras or other printed fabrics
The company mainly works with B to B clients such as souvenir shops, restaurants, or boutique-hotels both in Martinique and Guadeloupe.
In order to renew and diversify its range, the company is looking for one or several partners to conceive a beachwear collection for women, men and children from sourcing the materials to achieving the production.
The company is also interested in finding quality ceramists to produce mugs in Europe.
- Type of partner sought: Expertise in garment design/manufacturing for beachwear
Expertise in industrial ceramics
Prints: Madras or other colourful prints
Fabrics: Cotton, Jersey, high quality Viscose or Rayon. Other fabrics could be discussed depending on the collection's concept.
Pluses but not required: Collection conception, Design sewing patterns, expertise in fabric selection, Ethical/ sustainable offer
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Three types of partners could be considered:
1. Beachwear clothing manufacturer. The company could provide sewing patterns that would be manufactured by the partner. The latter would be in charge of sourcing the fabrics and achieving the production. They may also be interested in a manufacturer that presents already existing models that they could slightly adapt.
2. Existing clothing brand who wants to have their products represented in Martinique under a Distribution Agreement;
3. Industrial Ceramist who is able to create mugs or other tablewear
It is important that the partner offers colouful creations made for the beach. It is a plus to be able to offer ethical/sustainable clothing.
The company is one of the rare players of this sector in the region to work with collections.
With over 30 years experience as a specialist in articles of tourism they commit to offering differentiated products, with a responsive collection management strategy relying on optimizing collection rotation.
The objective of this research is also to create an innovative offer based on affordable Ethical Fashion articles for tourism.
As a consequence, having experience in this type of products will certainly be a plus for potential partners.
Already on the market