A French SME, specialized in the production of milk replacers and complementary foods for young animals, is looking for suppliers of milk powder, sweet whey powder and re-fatted milk powder for calves. The powders or raw materials must comply with technical specifications in order to be incorporated into the final products, high-performance foods for calves. The company is looking for long-term supplier agreements.
A French company is designing and producing milk replacers and complementary foods for young animals such as calves, heifers, lambs and kids.
Its know-how and perfect knowledge of raw materials, particularly dairy materials (milk powder, whey and their derivatives) enable it to design adapted and efficient feeds for quality weaning that meet the needs of farmers.
The suppliers should be able to manufacture the expected raw materials according to precise technical specifications in order to be incorporated into the composition of the final products and contribute to their quality and performance.
Five types of powder are sought to manufacture milk replacers and complementary foods for calves:
- non-standardized low-heat skimmed milk powder
- non-standardized medium-heat skimmed milk powder
- sweet whey powder
- milk powder re-fatted with palm oil
- whey re-fatted with 50 or 55% fat (palm, copra, rapeseed, lard)
It is currently developing a range of organic products and is also interested in organic raw materials.
The French company is offering a long term relationship to suppliers and intends to develop its international sourcing of raw materials.
- Type of partner sought: Non-standardized low-heat and medium-heat skimmed milk powders is obtained by removing water from previously skimmed and pasteurized milk. Drying is ensured by Spray technology.
Sweet whey powder is obtained from cow whey. After concentration and partial crystallization of the lactose, the whey is dehydrated by Spray technology.
Milk powder re-fatted with palm oil is obtained by removing water from previously skimmed, pasteurized and re-fatted milk. Drying is ensured by Spray technology.
The annual consumption of raw materials of the French company is estimated as follows:
- non-standardized low-heat skimmed milk powder - 15,000 tons
- non-standardized medium-heat skimmed milk powder - 4,000 tons
- sweet whey powder - 10,000 tons
- milk powder re-fatted with palm oil - 4,000 tons
- whey re-fatted with 50 or 55% fat (palm, copra, rapeseed, lard) - 7,500 tons
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The expected suppliers should be able to produce the specific raw materials corresponding to the complete technical specifications which will be sent by the French SME after a first contact.
The respect of delivery deadlines is a crucial criterion for the French SME.
The suppliers will take advantage from the very good reputation of the French manufacturer, well established in France and known internationally thanks to its presence in 25 countries.
Through its activities, the French company has been committed for nearly 60 years to responsible and innovative agriculture and is certified ISO 22000.
Already on the market